Confirmed with Link: Peter Holland traded to Chicago

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Steve Kournianos‏ @TheDraftAnalyst

Physical defenseman who played with McDavid, Strome, DeBrincat and his brother Taylor in Erie of the OHL. Never drafted but always invited to prospect camps. Borderline average skater, hard shot and excellent in coverage. Junior stats inflated by teammates. Raddysh is a “warrior” type like a Dan Girardi, also a RHD who went undrafted out of the OHL. Both had similar pre-NHL career paths. Raddysh has two AHL seasons and turns 23 in a week; Girardi almost was 23 when he debuted for the NYR after two AHL seasons. Raddysh still is a depth signing and he won’t fix NYR’s problem, if he ever plays. But he carried Erie’s blueline through some playoff wars. Always matched up against London’s firepower and held his own. On-ice leader, very good PKer. AHL career trending upwards.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hartford will probably have a different look next year. Holland was an upcoming UFA. Nieves, Gilmour and Fogarty will be Group 6 UFA's--so they could easily be all gone. Nieves if he stays might be with the Rangers anyway. Getting a decent right shot defenseman that we control for at least a couple more years is a good idea.....and he was Rockford's top scoring D. But the lack of a right shot D has been an issue for the Wolfpack and Hartford's not making the playoffs so they got something for a guy that they were going to lose anyway.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I will say I thought Holland was an okay player who could probably play in the NHL. I would not be totally surprised to see Chicago use him on their NHL team at some point should they make some trade deadline deals of their own.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well that was the TDL sum up all going home happy. :)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I will say I thought Holland was an okay player who could probably play in the NHL. I would not be totally surprised to see Chicago use him on their NHL team at some point should they make some trade deadline deals of their own.

It seems CBH may have mostly acquired Holland to help their playoff bound AHL team, Rockford, have better chance to succeed in postseason

It helps young players develop to have competitive playoff runs

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It seems CBH may have mostly acquired Holland to help their playoff bound AHL team, Rockford, have better chance to succeed in postseason

It helps young players develop to have competitive playoff runs

I am sure that is one of the options and is more likely, yet Chicago is not that far out of a playoff spot and has been playing better as of their last 10 or so games, and I have no idea if they are buying selling, doing a little of both.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Jimmy Hayes scored a goal vs Hartford the other day as a member of WBS Penguins.

Joel Lundqvist is living like royalty in Sweden. Frolunda won the CHL this season.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is a really good small move by Gorton.
Really is. Controlled for another year over Holland. Kind of move that maybe he gets playing time next year after playing well, and someone needs him at deadline? I know, a reach.
Anyway thanks for that goal, I will ALWAYS remember it, as it was an NBC (I think Sunday) game.
The Adam Cracknell deal that keeps on giving.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not bad.
This makes Hartfords offense even worse then it already is
Are they tanking better than we are? What's in it for them?
All kidding aside, surely the Rangers will be adding many players to Hartford's roster next season. Or at least, we can only hope. They really need to do something with the coaching there. Okay, we have been horrible restocking, but seems little development down there. Players only get worse. Okay, I have no proof (how could there be?) But just seems they produce next to nil. If they aren't sure fire nhlers upon being drafted, they seem to have little chance at getting better FOR the NHL.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Hartford will probably have a different look next year. Holland was an upcoming UFA. Nieves, Gilmour and Fogarty will be Group 6 UFA's--so they could easily be all gone. Nieves if he stays might be with the Rangers anyway. Getting a decent right shot defenseman that we control for at least a couple more years is a good idea.....and he was Rockford's top scoring D. But the lack of a right shot D has been an issue for the Wolfpack and Hartford's not making the playoffs so they got something for a guy that they were going to lose anyway.
Hopefully they can bring back Fogarty as that key AHL Vet, maybe make him captain. You've got a homegrown player the young guys can look up to, and he's still a call up 4th line option while in Hartford, hopefully keeping him and the team hungry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad