Confirmed with Link: Peter Holland traded to Chicago

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I wish I could have seen Gortons face when the Hawks offered a prospect for Holland.

When I saw that Holland was traded, I hoped for yet another 2020 7th rounder, but I assumed it was for an old AHL vet. To get a prospect is great. McLeod, Mazanec, Holland. Not that we got a lot for them, but in all 3 cases it's something for nothing.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i mean its not the trade i was looking for and its found money and all, but meh.

he does nothing for me.

rightys can suck too.

nothin to see here.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
As a lot have said, we were probably going to lose him anyway, but it's nice to have those AAAA players in Hartford, both as veterans and as emergency call-ups so no one is forced into anything before they're ready.

Nice to have a real, live RHD, though.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I hope so and I hope it gets him going. They could also go with Fogarty. We'll see how they line them up, I guess. Could even move Lettieri back to C.
I figured it was the easy move since he has been the 2C there for a long while.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I figured it was the easy move since he has been the 2C there for a long while.
Yeah, agreed, however nothing McCambridge ever does seems to make any sense.

They have the following potential centers: Andersson, Fogarty, Lettieri, Fontaine, and... O'Donnell? I recall him playing some C. It's almost like you have to move Lettieri to center, because otherwise who plays there? Of course, then you have literally just Gettinger and maybe Meskanen that can actually produce on the wings. Butler I suppose, but he's awful. Hartford is such a mess.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Another whatever trade, but it’s a win for Gorton, in my opinion. From what I’ve seen and read, Raddysh doesn’t have a ton of potential, but can possibly become a bottom pairing defenseman. I value skating and hockey sense more than any other attributes when evaluating prospects, and Raddysh is good at one (hockey sense), while bad at the other (skating). And although he’s a righty, we have wayyy too many potential #5-7 defensemen in the system.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Good gamble, albeit a small gamble. Raddysh has a solid defensive game. Think he's about on par with O'Gara. Good for Holland, who gets a shot at the Calder Cup. Gives an opportunity for guys like Lias, Gettinger, Fontaine a better chance for top line play. Also, could lead to Ronning staying with Hartford for the year.

Positive moves!! :thumbu:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
This is a trade to help Rockford’s offense. They don’t score very much but they are in a playoff position.

I don’t know anything about Raddysh but he’s young, has pretty good numbers and is a right hand shot. What more could you want?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
This is a trade to help Rockford’s offense. They don’t score very much but they are in a playoff position.

I don’t know anything about Raddysh but he’s young, has pretty good numbers and is a right hand shot. What more could you want?

His brother. Pretty good prospect for TB.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rumor has it, Gorton was actually eyeing their 7th round pick but they already traded that one away in the Rutta/Koekkoek trade :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad