Confirmed with Link: Peter Holland traded to Chicago

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I posted about this in the main board thread

We might be clearing room at forward in the AHL to make room for a young forward prospect at the TDL? I might be reading too into this

Raddysh is ok, bonus points for being a RHD. Most likely a career AHLer but has a little NHL potential as a bottom pairing guy
Or maybe when Howdens healthy they send him down to Hartford for a bit?
Either way to get something for basically nothing outside of hurting Hartford's scoring atm is pretty damn good.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Even if he is not a high likelihood Prospect, glad they added a young RHD to the HWP roster.

Right now Crawley, Bigras, OGara are hurt, this weekend they had 3 PTO D on roster.

Maybe the can swap Gilmour for a younger player or comparable F, my wish-trade target for Gilmour is Toninato ..

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Having said that this is a very good move. We have nothing on the right side in hartford.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Raddysh had a lot of fans around here when he was having his big year on a stacked Erie squad. Probably never becomes an NHLer but fine for a guy who was probably walking in a few months anyway. Hartford needed the blue line depth.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I did not know we had Holland so I guess I'm okay with this.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is a great trade, IMO. I mean nothing that moves the needle any substantial amount, but the reality is we took Holland, who was gone in a couple months, and acquired a guy who still could realistically develop into an NHL player. It's probably inconsequential, in the end, but it's a "no reason not to do this" type of thing. No downside (Hartford is already done), only upside.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The other thing deals like this do is help Gorton build a rapport with another GM and his team. Relationships help when things get larger or more serious.

Reactions: nyr2k2

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No downside here,
Raddysh is signed and waiver exempt next season, then RFA

He's 22 and had. 66 assist, 80+ point season at Erie - agreed that alone doesn't make him a better prospect, but reflects some on his all round game and earning icetime

till now the 8 NHL-signed D in HWP this year were all LHD,
Of the 10 prospect D added in last 12 months (TDL, draft), I believe only Keane and Lundkvist are RHD

If not needed, Raddysh can always be moved again, RHD are like LHPs, teams are always looking

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No downside here,
Raddysh is signed and waiver exempt next season, then RFA

He's 22 and had. 66 assist, 80+ point season at Erie - agreed that alone doesn't make him a better prospect, but reflects some on his all round game and earning icetime

till now the 8 NHL-signed D in HWP this year were all LHD,
Of the 10 prospect D added in last 12 months (TDL, draft), I believe only Keane and Lundkvist are RHD

If not needed, Raddysh can always be moved again, RHD are like LHPs, teams are always looking
K'Andre* is LHD

Phone autcorrected to Keane

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad