Peter Chiarelli Why Did You Trade Tayor Hall *****fest Bonanza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Two years assuming they're dumb and let Chia do nothing and hire the new GM in April.

I give them two years to get it together. Pressure? Sure. But that's what happens when you have McDavid on your team.

McDavid won't be here much longer. He will demand a trade and the league will pressure the Oilers to make it happen. PC absolutely destroyed this franchise. What a train wreck.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid won't be here much longer. He will demand a trade and the league will pressure the Oilers to make it happen. PC absolutely destroyed this franchise. What a train wreck.

They absolutely have to knock it out of the park with the next GM hire to hopefully calm McDavid a bit.

I would suggest them having Mario Lemieux talk to Connor too, he's the only one that really can understand what its like to be that great and be stuck on such a crap team.

Wayne can't understand because he was on a loaded team from day 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gone

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I don't even know what the point of firing Chiarelli is anymore, he's already gutted us. Might as well ride it out. Who is going to work a miracle here with our salary commitments/the value left in the system?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Look people laughed at the downers three years ago.

The fact remains is were 3-5 years from doing anything.
And at which point im guessing McDavid will be ready to leave ala Taveres

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't even know what the point of firing Chiarelli is anymore, he's already gutted us. Might as well ride it out. Who is going to work a miracle here with our salary commitments/the value left in the system?

Because then Chiarelli can dig the Oilers into even more of a deeper hole. He'll make a desperation trade like trading RNH for spare parts. Chiarelli can't trade worth for shit.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Clarkson, Nikitin, Pouliot and Fayne say wazzup!

Clarkson never happened. Nikitin didn't matter (we had no one else to spend the money on and we knew it, so taking a gamble instead of doing nothing (like Chia did with our cap space last year) was the only reasonable move. Cost us nothing in assets.) Pouliot was decent for us for a while and never should have been bought out (we didn't wind up spending the cap space anyway! now we have him on the books longer and frankly he is still better than some of our garbagemen). Not a great signing but the damage was done with the buyout. Gryba buyout too. Fayne and Pouliot were both kinda buried by McLellan. He didn't give Fayne a chance. Anyways these sins are all a joke compared to what Chia has done to us. R.I.P. current generation oilers.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

To stop the bleeding and eventually, hopefully get a full recovery.

space321

May 11, 2011
Clarkson, Nikitin, Pouliot and Fayne say wazzup!

Clarkson, what? Nikitin was a 2 year contract, Pouliot actually produced for 2 out of the 3 seasons here. Fayne was trash though yah.

MacT:
Didn't have McDavid here to lure in FAs. Got a good return for David Perron, who he got for MPS + 2nd, and Perron put up some good numbers for us before leaving. His biggest f*** up in terms of asset management was Petry.

Chiarelli on the other hand:
Gets handed McDavid for free, trades 1st + 2nd round picks + Hall + Eberle for a bust, a 4D, and a 3C. Signs Lucic to SEVEN years. That's almost twice as long as the Pouliot or Fayne contracts LOL.

MacT was bad but Chiarelli is like 10x worse.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This team could be, with a lower cap hit i might add;

RNH - McDavid - Barzal
Hall - Drai - Pulju
Pouliot- Strome - Reider
Khaira - Brodz - Kassian

Klef - Petry
Nurse - Schultz
Rus - Bouchard

Dubnyk
Talbot

Please fire them all. Yikes. Clearly lowe mact chia and howson are all straight awful. The lineup above is; faster, more proven, has more goalscoring talent, has better pick movers, better defensive acumen.... and literally is all assets we own or pissed away. LOL.

What a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Don't think Chia or McLellan get work again in their respective roles once they're fired. This city is a last-stop destination for management careers in the NHL it seems.

I bet McLellan gets a job as a AHL coach or assistant. Chia is done in the NHL, no one will touch him with a 10 foot pole. Maybe, just maybe he gets a scouting position or something.

Reactions: Gone

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
This team could be, with a lower cap hit i might add;

RNH - McDavid - Barzal
Hall - Drai - Pulju
Pouliot- Strome - Reider
Khaira - Brodz - Kassian

Klef - Petry
Nurse - Bouchard
Rus - Bear

Dubnyk
Talbot

Please fire them all. Yikes. Clearly lowe mact chia and howson are all straight awful. The lineup above is; faster, more proven, has more goalscoring talent, has better pick movers, better defensive acumen.... and literally is all assets we own or pissed away. LOL.

What a joke.

That team wins a few cups. This team won't make the playoffs. It is just that bad.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Clarkson, what? Nikitin was a 2 year contract, Pouliot actually produced for 2 out of the 3 seasons here. Fayne was trash though yah.

MacT:
Didn't have McDavid here to lure in FAs. Got a good return for David Perron, who he got for MPS + 2nd, and Perron put up some good numbers for us before leaving. His biggest **** up in terms of asset management was Petry.

Chiarelli on the other hand:
Gets handed McDavid for free, trades 1st + 2nd round picks + Hall + Eberle for a bust, a 4D, and a 3C. Signs Lucic to SEVEN years. That's almost twice as long as the Pouliot or Fayne contracts LOL.

MacT was bad but Chiarelli is like 10x worse.

The bottom line is MacT doesn't move Hall or Eberle. Just that makes the team light years better.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
anyone notice McDavid shaking his head on the bench today during the game when the bruins were up 3-1. The look in his eyes ....Im getting scared... the worst is yet to happen to this franchise .... the clock is now ticking. Katz greatest asset is not his arena. Its not Gretzky, its McDavid and his fans.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
anyone notice McDavid shaking his head on the bench today during the game when the bruins were up 3-1. The look in his eyes ....Im getting scared... the worst is yet to happen to this franchise .... the clock is now ticking. Katz greatest asset is not his arena. Its not Gretzky, its McDavid and his fans.

You have to think Katz picks McDavid over this management group, right? Right?!

Reactions: Summary

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
"As long as McDavid remains untraded, Chiarelli still has work to do."

~ Peter Chiarelli, to a mirror every morning

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

I noticed it. I wonder if Connor wishes he could be traded to New Jersey to be reunited with Hall? Does Jersey have any other top 4 D-men that we could use?

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

Winners want to win, and you don't get to be that good without being ultra competitive.

If this season and next are both terrible I would imagine he will ask for a trade and I wouldn't be surprised or mad at all. That'll be it for the team for another 10 years. But it's a little early in the season to start worrying about that :help:

space321

May 11, 2011
The bottom line is MacT doesn't move Hall or Eberle. Just that makes the team light years better.

Completely agree. Hope the mods don't get their feelings hurt then lock this thread. We need somewhere to discuss and rant about the braindead trades Chiarelli made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad