Peter Chiarelli Why Did You Trade Tayor Hall *****fest Bonanza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
No chia does not need to go.

Lowe, mact, howson, green, nicholson, chailrelli and mclellan have to go. But hey 12 years or so and counting.

Actually the very best person to go out of all of them woud be Daryl Katz, the worse owner in the league by a mile, far worse than even melnyk.
Katz has and never will give a squirt about winning

he never has

and especially now since he's got his palace that's full 41 times a year

if he actually cared about winning, MacT and Lowe and Howson would've been turfed ages ago

Reactions: Summary

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
No chia does not need to go.

Lowe, mact, howson, green, nicholson, chailrelli and mclellan have to go. But hey 12 years or so and counting.

Actually the very best person to go out of all of them woud be Daryl Katz, the worse owner in the league by a mile, far worse than even melnyk.

Are you honestly serious? Melnyk might be the worst owner in all of professional sports, let alone the NHL.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
How did Caggulia and Benning get 1.5 and 1.9 respectively, and on 2 year deals no less? That's not their QO number, so why?

I know those are a drop in the bucket when discussing his shitty moves, but in an off-season where cap space was so vital, why? (Koskinen could be added there too, but I was a defender of the move initially and would still like to see him play some regular season games before closing the book on him).

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
It is quite an accomplishment to build a team that include's the best player in the world and which is years away from even making the playoffs. What is more mind numbing than that is management continues to allow PC to have a job.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How did Caggulia and Benning get 1.5 and 1.9 respectively, and on 2 year deals no less? That's not their QO number, so why?

I know those are a drop in the bucket when discussing his ****ty moves, but in an off-season where cap space was so vital, why? (Koskinen could be added there too, but I was a defender of the move initially and would still like to see him play some regular season games before closing the book on him).
Someone in this organization said last year was "Death by a thousand cuts". It was incredibly apt.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's becoming more and more clear 16-17 was a fluke season same as the Flames 14-15 season and Avs 13-14 season (and you might be able to throw Vegas into that pile soon maybe).

This GM has done nothing for this franchise but set them back several years and waste at least 2 years of McDavid's prime for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MC2D

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

I know those are a drop in the bucket when discussing his ****ty moves, but in an off-season where cap space was so vital, why? (Koskinen could be added there too, but I was a defender of the move initially and would still like to see him play some regular season games before closing the book on him).
And why koiskanen get 2.5. no reason. Chia just overpays everyone

Reactions: Summary and Gone

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Time to clean house. If I were Katz I would be picking up the phone right now and sending Nicholson, Chia and T-Mac to the bus stop.

That second period intermission interview with Chia confirmed what I already suspected about this guy. Looks like one of those creatures who got off the Mother Ship in Encounters of the 4th kind. Can you communicate with him using certain musical notes or special light sequences?

What a strange cast and crew.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nicholson wants a plan here is a f***ing plan. Don't blow up the team. Retool, get the new gm to sit down with McDavid and Draisaitl and explain that this team has potential and they need to be patient for a year or two.

Here is your team blueprint 2 years from now

Blank - McDavid - Blank
Blank - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Blank - McLeod - Blank
Blank - Khaira - Blank

Blank - Larsson
Nurse - Bouchard
Blank - Blank

Blank
Blank

Use RNH, Klefbom, Talbot, Sekera, Lucic to get what you can.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He needs to be fired now and likely the process to recover from the damage he has done to this franchise will take probably two more seasons.

The longer the Oilers delay the worse this will be. He needs to go so someone can get in sooner and start the clean up that needs to be done.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nor sure why they hired him in the first place, was never a fan, but a quite a few had wet dreams when he was hired. Guess the bar wasn't set high enough with previous management to make the next hiring credible. Yes, his team won a cup, but it was largely put together by his predecessor. and then he lost nearly every trade after that. Just like he's done here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Who's going to take them? Arizona?

The goal now should be to stop the bleeding as much as possible. Todd and Chia must be fired as soon as possible so the recovery can begin as soon as possible.

Realistically looking at this roster, this is going to take 2 years to undo all this damage.

The goal now probably shifts to trying to have a good team around McDavid by the time he's 25 and pray that he doesn't get too pissed off before then.

Reactions: Summary

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Nor sure why they hired him in the first place, was never a fan, but a quite a few had wet dreams when he was hired. Guess the bar wasn't set high enough with previous management to make the next hiring credible. Yes, his team won a cup, but it was largely put together by his predecessor. and then he lost nearly every trade after that. Just like he's done here.

The hiring is a all on Bob Nicholson. Quite frankly given his inability to correct the PC mistake after the dreadful trades, signings etc., says a lot about who is in charge.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It is quite an accomplishment to build a team that include's the best player in the world and which is years away from even making the playoffs. What is more mind numbing than that is management continues to allow PC to have a job.
Two words Bob Nicholson

pom pom waving team media, and fans also allow it. Get a Larry Brooks type of media guy to ask tough questions and these guys will be exposed immediately

Reactions: Summary and Gone

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
The goal now should be to stop the bleeding as much as possible. Todd and Chia must be fired as soon as possible so the recovery can begin as soon as possible.

Realistically looking at this roster, this is going to take 2 years to undo all this damage.

The goal now probably shifts to trying to have a good team around McDavid by the time he's 25 and pray that he doesn't get too pissed off before then.

Two years? I think you underestimate the damage. After firing on management / the coach, send Bouchard back to juniors, Yamamoto to Bakersfield, do your best to offload bad contracts and prepare to draft Hughes.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The hiring is a all on Bob Nicholson. Quite frankly given his inability to correct the PC mistake after the dreadful trades, signings etc., says a lot about who is in charge.

Don't forget about that laughable letter he sent to that Oilers fan in the summer. The addition of IIHF Worlds standout Patrick Russell and KHL all star Mikko Koskinen has given him faith! What an ass clown

Reactions: Gone

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Two years? I think you underestimate the damage. After firing on management / the coach, send Bouchard back to juniors, Yamamoto to Bakersfield, do your best to offload bad contracts and prepare to draft Hughes.

Two years assuming they're dumb and let Chia do nothing and hire the new GM in April.

I give them two years to get it together. Pressure? Sure. But that's what happens when you have McDavid on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad