Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He hasnt played the last 2 games with Prov...anyone know the reason?

Bruins should bring him up already...very frustrating to see

BruinsNetwork

Cehlarik is progressing well from what I’ve seen and heard in Providence. Saw him walking around outside the locker room last game in good spirits without a limp or anything. Should see him back soon.

Reactions: PB37

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm dying to see him in Boston. I wasn't a fan, but the reports that he improved his initial burst in skating, has me very excited.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Couldnt catch the game

How did celly do?

He really needs a goal

He had a solid game- looked very comfortable out there, skated well, made some nice passes and took excellent care of the puck. With his size he also was good down low and wasn't getting pushed around or knocked off the puck. I don't think he had a shot on goal- I don't remember him shooting at all, but for his first game back in the NHL after all his injury struggles he looked very good and if he stays healthy, I think he might be the best prospect/young player we have right now outside of McAvoy.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
What' the B's record with this guy in the lineup??

That Is what matters and why he should stay with the big club.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That mid ice pass to Debrusk was FILTHY.....that led to his 1st goal

He has the ability to make passes most players can't... over 2-3 sticks.

don't drop him down to providence

He's been strong on the cycle, making smart plays. A far cry from the constant death of offense from every puck touch from many of the Bruin forwards.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Look at this pass~ I think Cehlarik has better passing skills (in terms of able to execute difficult passes) than Krejci....or Krejci is not as good as he used to be

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why weren’t you a fan before hearing that?

Sorry, missed this. In his first call up he looked good when other people did the work (was good at little touch passes and knowing where to be) but, just didn't seem quick enough to catch up to the play at the NHL level and didn't seem to have enough burst to create on his own. I certainly put too much into the 10 whatever games. Looks twice the player now.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Kid is coming along nicely. Seems to play a pretty complete game on top of some decent skills.

Cautiously optimistic, as they’re are several players in the Bruins org. that are at a similar level and will be vieing for that ice time. He’s got A goal. Long way to go before he’s a fixture, but a lot to like at this point.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry, missed this. In his first call up he looked good when other people did the work (was good at little touch passes and knowing where to be) but, just didn't seem quick enough to catch up to the play at the NHL level and didn't seem to have enough burst to create on his own. I certainly put too much into the 10 whatever games. Looks twice the player now.

I remember in his draft year, and even watching him at a couple WJCs, that foot-speed was an issue. Big guy, nice hands, smart player, but could he skate at the next level?

Foot-speed no longer appears to be an issue.

Reactions: Strafer

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I remember in his draft year, and even watching him at a couple WJCs, that foot-speed was an issue. Big guy, nice hands, smart player, but could he skate at the next level?

Foot-speed no longer appears to be an issue.

Yeah, he will never be confused for a fast player, but he seems to do okay- he has a nice long stride and covers a decent amount of ground. He somewhat reminds me in skating and the way he looks out there of Viktor Kozlov. I don't know how much of a comparison it really is, but Cehlarik struck me as looking familiar to someone and that is who I thought of.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I agree with Colt on this one. He was criminally underrated in our prospect ranking poll. I've been dying to see him up all year and he hasn't disappointed. Very smart two way player who seems to mesh with both Krejci and Pastrnak and last year served as a bridge between their two styles.

I say it every game, but I really want to see that line re-united.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I agree with Colt on this one. He was criminally underrated in our prospect ranking poll. I've been dying to see him up all year and he hasn't disappointed. Very smart two way player who seems to mesh with both Krejci and Pastrnak and last year served as a bridge between their two styles.

Prob wont as celly krejci debrusk look good

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Been a fan of this kid since his draft, to Kent was a major positive flag that he played in a league against men and put up decent numbers. I heard his skating was good and his size to go along with that was intriguing, glad to see he's making fans out of more and more bruins followers now and I really do hope he sticks too. I want to see a top six of

Marchand - Bergy - Heinen
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak when all are healthy again
If Backes and Bjork come back?
DeBrusk Backes Bjork

That's a really nice top 9

Reactions: Grimey

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

It will be interesting to see what the lines will look like when the vets start returning to the lineup.

As far as Cehlarik ranking in our prospect pool, liked the kid a lot after seeing him in the WJC’s 3-4 years ago, but the reason I had him lower is that he doesn’t seem to be able to stay healthy for long periods. If he can, I have high hopes for him, but the jury is still out. High skill level and hopefully his durability will come to match his ability.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He was an emergency recall this time up. As soon as 2 of Marchand, Krug, Bjork or Spooner (Backes ain't happening soon) comes back, he'll be back in Providence barring any other move.

Right move? Probably not (cough Beleskey cough) but based on the emergency recall, he's the first to go to Providence.

BruinsNetwork

He was an emergency recall this time up. As soon as 2 of Marchand, Krug, Bjork or Spooner (Backes ain't happening soon) comes back, he'll be back in Providence barring any other move.

Right move? Probably not (cough Beleskey cough) but based on the emergency recall, he's the first to go to Providence.

Dom is right, unfortunately there isn't much room for Cehlarik right now especially given that he is an emergency recall. Would love to see him stay, of course, but there are too many forwards right now and with the Beleskey contract, and Vatrano being eligible for waivers, he's probably better off playing top-line minutes in Providence for the time being. Until Sweeney figures something out, that is.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

They need to just waive Beleskey, writings been on the wall for awhile now

You don't jeopardize the short and long term success of the team because you don't have the guts to waive a guy you know you misjudged when you signed him

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They need to just waive Beleskey, writings been on the wall for awhile now

You don't jeopardize the short and long term success of the team because you don't have the guts to waive a guy you know you misjudged when you signed him

I think what Dom is saying is they don't have a choice, as Cehlarik was an emergency recall, and not a regular recall, rules state he has to be the guy sent down. Teams only get so many regular recalls to use per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad