Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - II

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Yep another solid game. Some great feeds again tonight, that little behind the back pass to Carlo just inside the blue line. Set up DeBrusk for a great chance down the slot. Setting up Krejci for a one-timer in the slot. Good net front presence, strong on the walls, good pursuit and does a good job creating turnovers and retrieving loose pucks... On the ice for Boston's first two goals. Krejci line finally playing well and showing they're capable of long stretches of puck possession instead of just one and done rushes.

Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

They could be as well. We'll see. I actually have really liked Donato's game since his callup; kid is working hard out there and he's getting chances. His two biggest weaknesses ( skating quickness and strength ) won't change in a week in Providence; those are something he's going to have to focus on in the off season.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They could be as well. We'll see. I actually have really liked Donato's game since his callup; kid is working hard out there and he's getting chances. His two biggest weaknesses ( skating quickness and strength ) won't change in a week in Providence; those are something he's going to have to focus on in the off season.

Also doesnt pass

Tonight he had a glorious chance

He doesnt know what a give and go is? Would have been a wide net

Just a little too greedy to shoot

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The last two games? Absolutely.

To be fair, Cehlarik has Krejci.

Heinen and Donato have JFK.

That’s losing the battle before it even begins. That said, I have liked the play of that line of late and I think if the B’s picked up a legit 3rd line C, 17 and 43 would look even better.

Cmon so has Heinen (Krejci as center)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Also doesnt pass

Shooting is Donato's bread and butter and something you don't watch to discourage from a developing player.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Also doesnt pass

Yup, he’s always looking to shoot.

There was a play in the 1st where he dropped a pass to Heinen and you could tell 43 totally didn’t expect it and fanned on the shot.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Shooting is Donato's bread and butter and something you don't watch to discourage from a developing player.

Yes but also play smart

He passes it quickly on tha 2 on 1...then a quick pass to Donato and that would have been an open net

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The last two games? Absolutely.

To be fair, Cehlarik has Krejci.

Heinen and Donato have JFK.

That’s losing the battle before it even begins. That said, I have liked the play of that line of late and I think if the B’s picked up a legit 3rd line C, 17 and 43 would look even better.
I agree. I love the thought of Schenn with Heinen and I hate that it might take one to get the other.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So your saying send down the player, who has finally help given the Bruins two legit scoring lines?

I’m saying that the Bruins don’t play for 9-10 days and that it would benefit Cehlarik to continue to play through the break so he can (hopefully) pick up where he left off.

He has missed a lot of games over the last couple of seasons, and guys can always use the work.

Even if Cehlarik was just skating on his own somewhere over the break, he could get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad