Pete Chiarelli body of work (Edmonton only)

Ferocian

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd rate Peter Chiarelli's body as about a "C", but if you're just comparing against other NHL GM's it'd be a solid "B". With enough time in the gym I think he could get it up to a "B+".

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Too early to tell, but I liked the Maroon and Talbot pickups. Overpaid a bit for Reinhart, but he has potential.

C+

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
B-

The Reinhart deal wasn't the bad trade for me. It has it's merit, though one would think he must of realized that Reinhart was a couple of years away from steady NHL action. The killer trade was the Gordon for Korpokoski. We traded an albeit aging centre (a position of weakness in the roster) who was solid defensively and had an expiring contract for a struggling winger who was paid more and an additional year on his contract. That was a really bad trade, by any standards. Very little positive came out of the deal.

GXL

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
B-

The Reinhart deal wasn't the bad trade for me. It has it's merit, though one would think he must of realized that Reinhart was a couple of years away from steady NHL action. The killer trade was the Gordon for Korpokoski. We traded an albeit aging centre (a position of weakness in the roster) who was solid defensively and had an expiring contract for a struggling winger who was paid more and an additional year on his contract. That was a really bad trade, by any standards. Very little positive came out of the deal.

GXL

1C McJebus
2C RNH
3C Draisaitl

And you are saying C is a position of weakness with the Oilers? Right...

Gordon was very effective at taking faceoffs, under the old rules. Korp was not a great return, but if that is a 'killer' bad trade by Chiarelli than he ain't doing too bad.

I know the interwebs are the place for hyperbole but if you think the Gordon/Korp trade was 'really bad' and a 'killer' have you ever found anything positive done by anybody in the world anywhere ever?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad