Confirmed with Link: Petan re-signs for 2 years (775k AAV)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
why wouldn't you try to resign Ennis cheap? He's done all you could ask of him in his limited role

I think everyone including the Leafs would.

But the Leafs need guys signed for cheap contracts and Ennis likely has earned a raise which the team likely can’t accomod

Reactions: yubbers

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The next casualty who will sit in the press box for months at a time.

member 300185

Who is Petans agent?

Probably licking his lips right now in anticipation of bending Dubas over and sticking it to him.

Dubas says "we were lucky to get a guy like Petan locked up for the next 2 years at only 4 million per." And then said "why does my butt hurt....did I go fishing"?

Reactions: hotpaws

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Marchment, Engvall, and Korshkov are bigger guys who can play with an edge and have NHL upside.
I hope to God they all make this team asap as it would fill a huge void. Too bad Grundstrom wasn't also a part of that but oh well.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Do 2 x $750K and even make it a one way.
That should be enough to scare teams from making a waiver claim. Then send him to the Marlies for a year of full time playing and let's see what we can do with him.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Leafs need to get bigger and grtittier. Screw Petan!

That 4th line work s bets with Gauthier. It's should be no surprise as to why.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I would presume its cheap, which wont hurt if he clears waivers to go to the Marlies
he turns 24 this week , if all we're signing him for is too send him to the Marlies it's a waste of time

and if it isn't at the league min or very very close to it then Dubas has serious issues

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Look at his past statisitics you can kinda make ouit what player he will turn out to be. Its not rocket science. Or he can blossom and be a first line winger but what are the odds in that? Come on man.

Yes because many including me indicated he could be a first line winger
Whatever.....

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I am shocked some are finding issues with this kind of signing.

Actually on second thought, maybe I shouldn't be shocked at all.

No it's getting a little silly. Dubas is best friends with Mirtle, Dubas sucks, Dubas will overpay, Petan sucks, Dubas took all of the grit away.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad