Pet peeves at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
This is the most Winnipeg thread ever. Things your too passive to say at the game but thank god I can rant about it online. If leaners and people chatting in the concourse are ruining your game experience then maybe it’s time to take a break

As long as they aren’t belligerent stop pretending there’s some etiquette others need to follow because you’re entitled to it

Last edited:

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
When people try pull a Beyak and play by play the game just to hear themselves talk.
When people call players by their first name.
When people say "PASS TO X!!!!" Or "SHOOOOOT"
People that are fans of other teams just to be different.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I find myself very annoying at games. I would not want to sit anywhere near me. I know I am having my Sami Niku moment but I suck.

Reactions: Ducky10

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We have one incredibly loud screamer two rows behind us....I've seen so many first time people jump in their seat or do the full 180 head turn to see who the heck the guy is......incredibly loud. Crowds cheer & scream.....no problem. But this guy is incredibly loud.....much louder then anyone else.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
banging on a glass is the epitome of low hockey IQ.

"hey! there's a play! how do i express my excitement? by pounding on glass!!!"
yeah, no.
If it bothers you so much stay at home who cares about the fans hockey iq they pay for the tickets if they wanna paint go jets go they can dude. Your points make you sound like a non fun guy at parties... no offence

Reactions: TheGovernment

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I can see banging on the glass when there’s maylay in front of you. However doing it all game long when anyone or anything comes in front is rediculous.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
When you arrive on time for a game. Get your hot dog and beer, sit down and it's 4-0 Carolina. (This literally happened to me).

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
People who get up to leave in the middle of play. FFS I know you want to beat the traffic but at least wait for a whistle.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I agree... but I still don't like it. I've never been to a Jets road game, but if did, I wouldn't wear a Jets jersey. I would just silently cheer for them out of respect to the home town fans. I guess it's just my quirk. I'm an introvert after all :eek:

As an out-of-town Jets fan almost all the games I attend are away games (only exception was the Heritage Classic). It is tremendous fun to wear Jets gear in someone else's building. There's usually no shortage of Jets fans (at least in Edm/Cgy), and you sometimes wind up giving them a knowing nod when you pass.

I agree you don't be a dick about it, and you accept any ribbing you get from the home fans when the Jets aren't winning. But there's nothing like seeing the Jets score, jumping out of your seat, and leaning over a row or two to highfive a complete stranger just because they're also wearing Jets gear.

Ptgeandmain

Nov 29, 2017
My 3 pet peeves in no particular order.

1. Counterfeit jerseys that are just horriawful.
2. Concourse chatterboxes in the middle of the walk way.
3. Beat the traffickers during a close game. I despise these people

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
My pet peeve is quickly becoming all those people whose pet peeve is people leaving early. People leave early for a lot of reasons but regardless of why they're doing it, what it boils down to is...

It's really none of your business.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
My pet peeve is quickly becoming all those people whose pet peeve is people leaving early. People leave early for a lot of reasons but regardless of why they're doing it, what it boils down to is...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Correct. It's none of my business, but it's also not a pet peeve of mine either, as long as they leave when there is a stoppage.

I just laugh at these people. You spend hundreds of dollars to watch the game... it's tied 3-3 with 5 minutes to go... and you get up and leave just so you can get home a few minutes earlier.

Where is the "loser" emoji...

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Correct. It's none of my business, but it's also not a pet peeve of mine either, as long as they leave when there is a stoppage.

I just laugh at these people. You spend hundreds of dollars to watch the game... it's tied 3-3 with 5 minutes to go... and you get up and leave just so you can get home a few minutes earlier.

Where is the "loser" emoji...

Hey, I figure we're doing you former first row people a favour. Two fewer heads in the loge to block your view of the game. :p:

Reactions: cbcwpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am also 29 and I agree. Old-timers: how much louder is the music now than it used to be?

Its been way too loud for ~40 years. It became a contest to see who could be loudest. It has never receded even though the contest ended 30 years ago when absolutely everyone became way too loud to tolerate. :laugh:

Just turn it off already. It is everywhere and it has become just noise pollution. No matter what you play it is likely to suit the tastes of only about a third of your audience, or less. Those may like it. The rest will not. You only annoy them.

I know that plea will fall on deaf ears (ironically) so at least just turn down the volume.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Its been way too loud for ~40 years. It became a contest to see who could be loudest. It has never receded even though the contest ended 30 years ago when absolutely everyone became way too loud to tolerate. :laugh:

Just turn it off already. It is everywhere and it has become just noise pollution. No matter what you play it is likely to suit the tastes of only about a third of your audience, or less. Those may like it. The rest will not. You only annoy them.

I know that plea will fall on deaf ears (ironically) so at least just turn down the volume.

I think we should launch a class action lawsuit against TNSE for hearing damage. We should have been warned since season 1 to wear hearing protection. Pain, suffering, quality of life, all the usual. I want money!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think we should launch a class action lawsuit against TNSE for hearing damage. We should have been warned since season 1 to wear hearing protection. Pain, suffering, quality of life, all the usual. I want money!

G'luck with that. :laugh: If you win I want a share but My hearing is bad enough I would have a hard time blaming it on TNSE. Do you think attending 3 events at BMTSP would qualify me? :laugh:

Just bought tickets to what will be my first live Jets game. Bucket list thing. I only need to do it once. :laugh: I will have ear plugs.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
This is the most Winnipeg thread ever. Things your too passive to say at the game but thank god I can rant about it online. If leaners and people chatting in the concourse are ruining your game experience then maybe it’s time to take a break

As long as they aren’t belligerent stop pretending there’s some etiquette others need to follow because you’re entitled to it

Decent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad