Pre-Game Talk: Perhaps it is time to begin this discussion - Rangers @ Isles 4/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
He was talking about the Rangers road record.

i see i see....my bad....

going to the game tomorrow....i have missed this feeling so much....im so freaking nervous..

we are playing sooooo well, so i should be very confident, but i feel with these games, you throw all momentum, records, stars, etc out the window.....

50/50 who wins IMO

Kershaw

i see i see....my bad....

going to the game tomorrow....i have missed this feeling so much....im so freaking nervous..

we are playing sooooo well, so i should be very confident, but i feel with these games, you throw all momentum, records, stars, etc out the window.....

50/50 who wins IMO

Eh, no need to be that nervous. You guys have a good chance at the playoffs, regardless of this game. I hope you make it over the Devils.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Eh, no need to be that nervous. You guys have a good chance at the playoffs, regardless of this game. I hope you make it over the Devils.

i see your point, being that since teams will be playing eachother, we have a very good shot at the playoffs, as long as there are not a plethora of 3 point games....but it doesnt sit well with me that with a loss and a WPG win we are tied in points (we would still have a game in hand)....that is not enough breathing room for me..

IMO, the NJD are done.....there are 3 spots open for 4 teams (NYI NYR OTT WPG)

either way, the win in boston was huge for us last night....gave us a little room for error...

i just wish there was a way for NYI & NYR to meet in the postseason.....prob not this year, but i think we will both be in the postseason much more often in the near future

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Too bad the Rangers didn't get the imaginary version of Kreider that exists only in fans' heads, he seems a lot better than the real one we saw this year.

Ill all for change when its warranted and backed up by good points. Hell, Ive actually grown more sympathetic to the "anyone but this guy" posts.

But this revisionist stuff is really out there.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I wish I could just make stuff up to prove my points -- like a myth that Chris Kreider was consistently producing chances in his time here. What a nice little fairy tale.

You're just putting words in my mouth. Consistently is a pretty important word which you conveniently threw in there to prove your own point. But I guess that any combination of Pyatt, Asham, Powe, and Boyle are a better option for the Rangers bottom 5 offense which has 2 players accounting for 26% of the team's scoring...

Fun fact: Crosby and Kunitz are both top 5 in the league in scoring and they account for less of a percentage of Pitt's offense than Nash and Stepan do for NY.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
You're just putting words in my mouth. Consistently is a pretty important word which you conveniently threw in there to prove your own point. But I guess that any combination of Pyatt, Asham, Powe, and Boyle are a better option for the Rangers bottom 5 offense which has 2 players accounting for 26% of the team's scoring...

Fun fact: Crosby and Kunitz are both top 5 in the league in scoring and they account for less of a percentage of Pitt's offense than Nash and Stepan do for NY.

The Penguins also have a second generational talent on their team and a consistent first line player in Neal.

Wolfy*

these games aren't nearly as epic as back in the day when fighting wasn't a staged event and each team was stacked with toughness. just sayin'

They have a couple of fighters, so do we. Then you always have some Isles and Rangers fans going at it. Saturday night + drinks = very emotional atmosphere ;)

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
The Penguins also have a second generational talent on their team and a consistent first line player in Neal.

They also have 51 points combined from Sutter, Kennedy, Bennett, Adams, Vitale, Jeffrey, and Glass. That's pretty much what comprised their bottom 6 throughout the year.

The Rangers have 23 combined points from Pyatt, Boyle, Miller, Kreider, Asham, Powe, Halpern, Newbury, Ferreiro.

I'm not gonna count newly acquired guys like Morrow or Brassard.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

I'm not seeing a blowout. When's the last time we gave it to the Isles? They always come at us strong.

Greg NYR

Aug 19, 2007
hanging out tonight with a group of ranger and islander fans watching the demise of marty and the devils, call it the calm before the storm tomorrow we wont be speaking

member 116805

@ fredrikstad

OK, let me rephrase since that was deleted:
I do not believe in jinxes. The guy is due to score, I believe it will be tomorrow night

:5:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
OK, let me rephrase since that was deleted:
I do not believe in jinxes. The guy is due to score, I believe it will be tomorrow night
Im certainly not superstitious by nature, but i swear that every time someone mentions shutout in the GDT, Hank gets scored on a couple of minutes later. Seemingly happens every time :)

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
To be fair, I think Capuano would beat Torts in a fight

Guy looks like a hobo, he probably fights like a hobo (and them hobos know how to fight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad