Confirmed with Link: Per Friedman, Leafs and Zaitsev have agreed to move on, will find trade for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Does this have anything to with the Russia interview? And would the leafs leak this info?

It makes that interview make more sense.

He essentially bashed the fanbase. Doesn’t exactly scream a guy who likes his situation, so not surprised it’s now come out he wants to be traded

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I never liked Zaitsev and was never a fan of his style of play. I'm kind of happy about this for several reasons.

Babcock quite likes Zaitsev. He will not be happy about this news.

lol, if Babcock wanted him to stay, he wouldn't be going anywhere, I'm pretty sure Dubas and Babcock have discussed who stays and goes,etc many times recently

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
lol, if Babcock wanted him to stay, he wouldn't be going anywhere, I'm pretty sure Dubas and Babcock have discussed who stays and goes many times recently
Didn't mean jack shit when Komarov left town and it won't mean jack shit when Zaitsev leaves town.

Who Babcock likes and building the best team are two entirely different things.
I am sure Babcock wanted Komarov back and Polak too. They were not brought back, were they? Babcock should just stick to coaching.
Bingo. Forgot Polak too. Babcock was a fan of him too.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If he wants out why would that matter?

Because he may not just want to go to any team .. So his NTC gives him power to control some of his destination.

That’s my point. The fact that he’s looking to move as well, means he’s unlikely to block a trade. A few days ago we were looking to trade him before that kicked in, but now, that’s less likely to be an issue

I agree it's less likely of an issue, but with his contract term there may not be a big market for him. They're clearly going to do their best to find a place he wants to go but if it doesn't work out that way, his NTC is then a factor.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Didn't mean jack **** when Komarov left town and it won't mean jack **** when Zaitsev leaves town.

Who Babcock likes and building the best team are two entirely different things.

Bingo. Forgot Polak too. Babcock was a fan of him too.
Do you actually think management (Dubas, Babcock, Shanny,etc) don't have meetings to discuss the team, etc lol, Babcock knows everything that goes on

Reactions: MarnerElite

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Zaitsev, Connor Brown for Milan Lucic, Evan Bouchard, $1.5 million retained.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Do you actually think management (Dubas, Babcock, Shanny,etc) don't have meetings to discuss the team, etc lol, Babcock knows everything that goes on

He knows, but he is not the GM. They don't have to listen to him. He can make suggestions, but Dubas does not have to listen to them. Like I said, he is the coach, Dubas is the GM. Just do your damn job. Why is that so complicated?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Damn.. not happy about this.

Zaitsev isn’t even overpaid. Our fan base wrongly convinced the world that is the case though, so now we have to sell him at a discount.
I’m identifying my allies :laugh:

He’ll go to a market under a smaller spotlight and he’s going to be appreciated as a 2nd pair d man. He might even get PP time and throw up 30 points again.

At that point, the Leafs will still be looking for a top 4 RHD.. :laugh:

Reactions: Jeypic

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Damn.. not happy about this.

Zaitsev isn’t even overpaid. Our fan base wrongly convinced the world that is the case though, so now we have to sell him at a discount.

Do you think GMs base their value on who people boo and what guys on HF say?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Because he may not just want to go to any team .. So his NTC gives him power to control some of his destination.

I agree it's less likely of an issue, but with his contract term there may not be a big market for him. They're clearly going to do their best to find a place he wants to go but if it doesn't work out that way, his NTC is then a factor.

I was thinking that but with the cap jumping and how much UFA defenseman are getting on the open market a guy like Zaitsev who's still youngish with term, experience, can actually skate and a not criminally high cap hit that can play in your top 4 on the right isn't unattractive

I think we may be surprised at the market for him

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Do you think you're saying some groundbreaking shit here that nobody knows about?

Obviously the head coach is aware of the team's decisions on player personnel going forward. Move along captain obvious.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Zaitsev, Connor Brown for Milan Lucic, Evan Bouchard, $1.5 million retained.
giphy.gif

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Zai is just being misplaced in TO. I think he is a good offensive Dman but on the Leafs he is a shut down Dman.
Zai for Adam Larsson is actually a good trade for both Leafs and Oilers. Zai can QB their PP while Larsson is the shut down Dman Leafs want.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Do you think GMs base their value on who people boo and what guys on HF say?
It’s the court of public opinion.

A lot of people saying the wrong thing can make a lot of other people believe it.

I agree, it should have very little impact on player value... but... don’t you think, given the article just published, that this might not be coincidental timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->