Pepsi Center Jumbotron

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
I agree with the concerns that it will be an obstruction of view for fans in the upper bowl. The must have figured that in when they designed it. They've gotta be able to raise and lower it, and it's gotta be lowered in those pics. The pics in the slideshow for the ice painting on the Avs website are from angles in the upper bowl and if they can't raise it, there's definitely an obstruction of view.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I agree with the concerns that it will be an obstruction of view for fans in the upper bowl. The must have figured that in when they designed it. They've gotta be able to raise and lower it, and it's gotta be lowered in those pics. The pics in the slideshow for the ice painting on the Avs website are from angles in the upper bowl and if they can't raise it, there's definitely an obstruction of view.

I don't remember where I read it, I will look for the source, but it said something about how they were able to make it so it didn't obstruct anyone's view... Don't know how but it doesn't.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

It looks like they took the old & dated Pepsi sphere off of the string, so even though the screen is bigger, there's going to be space to accomodate it and stay at the same height above the ice. Probably not much of a change at all to people's views as they had them before.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seth Jones, Stewart, Shattenkirk, Anderson, cell phones on airplanes, Stastny, Varlamov, our need for Miller. Pick 1 and you'll be right. Pick 5 and you'll be right.

EJ, ROR, attendance, anything/anyone that isn't as good/interesting as anything/anyone from 15 years ago.

I saw a pic of the jumbotron raised up to its permanent spot but I seriously can't figure out where I saw it. It was noticeably in a higher position than these photos here.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

That's not where it's going to stay. It looks like its only 20-25ft up. It would get hit all the time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't imagine they would make such a huge oversight as to spend all that money on a new jumbotron, and not make sure it wouldn't block anyone's line of sight to the ice, or could be raised high enough not to do so.

You would think that was among the first things they made sure of when designing the thing in the first place. Even before they shelled out one penny for it.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
I'm sure that's the case...that they can raise it and they took the view into account. But, man what a sh*tter if they had overlooked that!:eek: The jumbotron itself is awesome, but props to the crew that figured out the system to lift it. Can't wait to see it in person.

Baron

Aug 23, 2007
I'm aware of a couple other arenas which lower their jumbotron in the off-season, i'm sure this is the case as well. I doubt there will be any obstruction viewing from it, although if you're in the top of the nosebleeds it'll probably naturally draw your attention away from the ice - I know that was the case for me in Cowboys Stadium, I had to keep reminding myself to watch the field and not the screen.

I'd suspect the lower height makes it quicker to do any maintenance on it - and probably don't want it on the ground / at walking height to prevent damaging when working on the floor.

AveryLanche15

Jul 27, 2009
Anyone who is interested Monday September 16th any fans can come see the new jumbo tron In action from 4-7pm

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
People actually thought those pictures showed the jumbotron at what would be it's regular height above the ice?

Haha.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
http://youtu.be/ruhtxh5UucE

Here's a video of it, the lighting played havoc with the contrast/quality but you can get some better perspective of how large it is. Just as impressive, if not more so is the sound. The speakers they have up there are huge.

Thank you so much! That is awesome! I can't wait to go to a game to see it and hear the new audio! Is the audio really that good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad