Pepsi Center Jumbotron

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
I think that's about to change.

I agree. My BFF in Denver actually called me one night and asked to go to an Avs game this season. She is so excited that Roy is back behind the bench. I was floored when she asked me. Last time I asked her if she could name any players on the Avs and all she could give me was "that Hedgeduck guy?".

Yeah, the hype is back. It's exciting.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I agree. My BFF in Denver actually called me one night and asked to go to an Avs game this season. She is so excited that Roy is back behind the bench. I was floored when she asked me. Last time I asked her if she could name any players on the Avs and all she could give me was "that Hedgeduck guy?".

Yeah, the hype is back. It's exciting.

I live in B.C. and I hear Canuck fans talking about the Avs. The hype is everywhere and it's awesome.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Selling out a place is hard to do. Attendance will be better than last year, but continual sell-outs are only going to happen if they are top 6 in the conference. Maybe they get there this season but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
I live in B.C. and I hear Canuck fans talking about the Avs. The hype is everywhere and it's awesome.

Crazy, eh? I used to live in Vancouver and my friends up there have mentioned how much they are looking forward to watching the Avs this season! It's cool to hear that they were not just saying that to "give in" to me!

Oh, my uncle is a die-hard Stars fan and he said he is dreading having the Avs in his division this year. I am not sure what to think of this... it has been a long time since I have heard comments like this...

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
Crazy, eh? I used to live in Vancouver and my friends up there have mentioned how much they are looking forward to watching the Avs this season! It's cool to hear that they were not just saying that to "give in" to me!

Oh, my uncle is a die-hard Stars fan and he said he is dreading having the Avs in his division this year. I am not sure what to think of this... it has been a long time since I have heard comments like this...

It's a good time to be an Avs fan. 3-5 years and they will be a powerhouse team again IMO. All the pieces are there, they just have to sure up the defence and get some stronger goaltending from Varly (which I think we will get). The defence will naturally get better with time, especially with the prospects we have coming up. This is why I understand Sakic & Roy being patient with making a move for D. It just makes more sense to be patient this time and not make a boneheaded trade and set us back another 3 years.

AveryLanche15

Jul 27, 2009
Have you been to an Avs game in the last two years? Its embarrassing. On a weekday it's half full, on a weekend you might get 75-80% full depending on who is playing, and any game against contenders, half the fans in the arena are wearing the opponents jerseys.

I'm going to be livid once the Avs contend again and all of these Avs faithful will magically resurface. Not as bad as the "Die-Hard" Chicago fans, but still. I remember games against the Hawks 8 years ago in Denver, you could count them on your hands and now you can count the Avs jerseys in your section on your hands.

Yes I have, I am at every game....

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'll be at the first preseason game seeing this live. It looks kind of ridiculous in the pictures. Just hope it doesn't block any views from the upper bowl.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'll be at the first preseason game seeing this live. It looks kind of ridiculous in the pictures. Just hope it doesn't block any views from the upper bowl.

Yea I feel like all the photos of the screen with an image on it might be photo shopped.

If not that thing is gonna be huge AND crazy vivid and probably way too distracting.

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
Yes I have, I am at every game....

Then I find it hard to believe that you think that the Avs haven't lost that many fans.
Denver is a fair weather sports market aside from Football, and to a degree baseball.

The wins and the names left the Avalanche, and there have been oodles of empty seats for 5-6 years now. Every year I'm flanked by new STH, and they seem to stubhub their weekday games away, which always seems to be purchased by the enemy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've seen a lot of pics that look like standard cellphone shots of the jumbotron so I think it really will be that vivid. It looks like they have moved it higher recently though. But yeah, the top of the upper bowl is probably not ideal.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I was worried about the same thing, so I took a pair of seats at the bottom row of the upper bowl this year. Just in case.
Half my season tickets are in the lowest row of the upper level. I love those seats because you can see everything, but if the Jumbotron blocks some of that, it will definitely take away from it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Half my season tickets are in the lowest row of the upper level. I love those seats because you can see everything, but if the Jumbotron blocks some of that, it will definitely take away from it.

You're the third person I've heard with those seats that rave about them. I had first row club level and try were great as well for 1/3 more of the price. But those seats you have are apparently the best deal in the whole arena.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I absolutely love first row of upper bowl. I always try for those tickets. Recently I've also been enamored with low row in the corners of lower bowl, usually can find great deal on those too.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I absolutely love first row of upper bowl. I always try for those tickets. Recently I've also been enamored with low row in the corners of lower bowl, usually can find great deal on those too.

I like to sit on the glass every once in a while, but I think it's overrated. It's always just a reminder of how fast the game actually goes, but I like being further up and seeing plays develop.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
You're the third person I've heard with those seats that rave about them. I had first row club level and try were great as well for 1/3 more of the price. But those seats you have are apparently the best deal in the whole arena.
They're great seats if you like watching the plays develop, which I do. You can see everything. I like being down low, especially for the games against good teams where the atmosphere is better, but I love those upper seats. Only downside is that some seats don't have cup holders, which doesn't bother me and keeps you away from the overpriced crap they sell.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Unknown_slide.jpg

That thing is ridiculously cool

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The side panels position looks a bit odd but I guess it's to get a better viewing angle for the people sitting behind the goals.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm mostly concerned about what Dater will complain about this year.

Seth Jones, Stewart, Shattenkirk, Anderson, cell phones on airplanes, Stastny, Varlamov, our need for Miller. Pick 1 and you'll be right. Pick 5 and you'll be right.

And the Jumbotron looks awesome. And you'd think they made some research into how it would affect the view....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00