Pepsi Center Jumbotron

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Can't post the Twitter link because I'm at work, but the Avalanche Twitter account has posted new pictures and a video of the new jumbotron.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
@Avalanche 33m
New Pepsi Center scoreboard turned on. #Lights #Camera #Action

BS2uh9PCIAAzi9S.jpg

Edit: They also posted a Vine with a couple different angles, but I don't know how to post that on here

R S

Sep 18, 2006
That thing looks impressive. Would love to be able to actually go to a game at the Pepsi Center at some point in the future.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does that jumbotron has enough megapixels to keep up with Mackinnon and Duchene flying up and down the ice?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Check out the red seats in that photo - those are season ticket seats that are available. That's how bad the Avs attendance has gotten.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Check out the red seats in that photo - those are season ticket seats that are available. That's how bad the Avs attendance has gotten.

Don't worry, fans will be back when team starts winning again. It's normal for people not to buy the product when It's bad.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Really?

How would that work with the Nuggets?

ahh you're right could be the Nuggets but I doubt it. They cover the available seats with papers and you can select the ones you want to move into for the upcoming year. I'm imagining since the Avs were on the jumbotron though, they probably were showing Avs season ticket holders what the jumbotron will look like and what Avs seats are open.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wouldn't the seating be opposite, red for taken? Especially on those upper tiers why would people randomly take from the middle of the top row? Either way though, the lower bowl is about 50/50. Some will sell with single game tix which have not gone on sale yet. But yeah, attendance has not been great for several years.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wouldn't the seating be opposite, red for taken? Especially on those upper tiers why would people randomly take from the middle of the top row? Either way though, the lower bowl is about 50/50. Some will sell with single game tix which have not gone on sale yet. But yeah, attendance has not been great for several years.

The paper says what the price is for the season, and you take it to the account rep when you're done and they basically switch your seat. The browns seats with no paper are already taken.

AveryLanche15

Jul 27, 2009

Those are actually Colorado Mammoth season ticket renewals....

Haha you actually think Avs have lost that many fans :laugh:

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
Those are actually Colorado Mammoth season ticket renewals....

Haha you actually think Avs have lost that many fans :laugh:

Have you been to an Avs game in the last two years? Its embarrassing. On a weekday it's half full, on a weekend you might get 75-80% full depending on who is playing, and any game against contenders, half the fans in the arena are wearing the opponents jerseys.

I'm going to be livid once the Avs contend again and all of these Avs faithful will magically resurface. Not as bad as the "Die-Hard" Chicago fans, but still. I remember games against the Hawks 8 years ago in Denver, you could count them on your hands and now you can count the Avs jerseys in your section on your hands.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Have you been to an Avs game in the last two years? Its embarrassing. On a weekday it's half full, on a weekend you might get 75-80% full depending on who is playing, and any game against contenders, half the fans in the arena are wearing the opponents jerseys.

I'm going to be livid once the Avs contend again and all of these Avs faithful will magically resurface. Not as bad as the "Die-Hard" Chicago fans, but still. I remember games against the Hawks 8 years ago in Denver, you could count them on your hands and now you can count the Avs jerseys in your section on your hands.

Red Wings games at the Can are just as bad.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Granted, the team has had a horrible on and off ice product for a while. It isn't just the poor play, they also quit giving away any prizes, the in game entertainment sucks, and the venue all around is pretty lame. Add to that the high ticket prices, and it's not too shocking that they have a hard time filling the arena. Hopefully they get some better PR people to get interest back into the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad