Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's always the useful players who get hurt on this team as well. Over the last few years Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Beau, Mattaa and others have all gone down. Meanwhile, Kunitz, Adams, Scuderi and Lovejoy have been made of iron or something. Maybe other teams are taking it easy on those guys so the Pens won't be forced to take them out of the lineup.

Excuse you, Kunitz has his crippling iron deficiency and had a career ruining foot injury last season.

Adams did get hurt, though. Bylsma was weirdly proud of Craigers playing through every injury know to man and under Johnston he did miss games due to injury. It's probably that he went around in equipment like a suit of armour and was too slow to keep up with anything for years on top of Disco's fetish. Scuderi had that ankle nary but has been an iron man ever since,.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Except both Kunitz and Scuderi have been injured, and Lovejoy this go around hasn't been on the team that long.

Adams was Adams.

Adams was always hurt, he just played anyway because he's a tank. He didn't play well, but there's a certain admiration that should be expressed for a guy who probably wouldn't have missed a game with a broken back.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Adams was always hurt, he just played anyway because he's a tank. He didn't play well, but there's a certain admiration that should be expressed for a guy who probably wouldn't have missed a game with a broken back.

No admiration for a guy who played like **** who happened to be hurt. I'd give him admiration if he had the self awareness to realize that watching from the pressbox was the best thing he could do for the team.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
Clendening in for Dumo if I had to place a bet on any lineup changes.

That would be so *** stupid, so you can expect it. Dumo is a lefty playing his off side to accommodate the old man. However, rather than take out Scuderi, take out Dumo who might have been our best d-man on Tuesday, especially when you consider he is playing without a partner. We need to make positive personnel changes, but first we need to rid ourselves from these ***-clown coaches.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Bennett was more or less one of the only two or three guys on the entire club playing anything close to up to snuff so far this year, yeah?

Just making sure everything is still as it should be with this miserable team.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
There is absolutely no evidence that Bennett is hurt. He's missing the morning skate, that's it. People here just like to make up more reasons for them to complain/feel sad about this team.

Beau wasn't hurt on Tuesday and they didn't practice yesterday. So unless he broke his foot at a Rise Against concert or kicked a wall out of anger, it's highly unlikely he's hurt.

Per coach MJ, he's injured.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Haha.

A) Get off my lawn, punk.
B) I like Beau too, don't want to see him traded, etc. I am a long-time Defender of the Beau.

But I'm not going to accept the idea that there are no other reasons to continue watching this team, this early in the season. Sometimes this stuff happens. Look at the Kings; they have a good roster top to bottom pretty much but they blow right now too. Sometimes it takes a while for a team to get their wheels under them and play the way they should (not in defense of anything our coaches are saying, just stating a hockey fact).

:thumbu: :thumbu:

I'm not even ready to throw the coaching staff under the bus when most of the roster is out there giving 25% effort. Doesn't matter who the coach is if the guys aren't going to try.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

I'm not even ready to throw the coaching staff under the bus when most of the roster is out there giving 25% effort. Doesn't matter who the coach is if the guys aren't going to try.

Maybe--and this is kind of off the wall, so stick with me on this one--the coaching staff is responsible for making sure the team is prepared and giving it their utmost effort night in and night out. :laugh:

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
So he got hurt on the very last shift of the game? Or did something happen off ice? I can't imagine it being serious.

I'm going to go with he got up to pee in the middle of the night, tripped, and fractured his foot. Seems like something that'd happen to him...

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
It's always the useful players who get hurt on this team as well. Over the last few years Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Beau, Mattaa and others have all gone down. Meanwhile, Kunitz, Adams, Scuderi and Lovejoy have been made of iron or something. Maybe other teams are taking it easy on those guys so the Pens won't be forced to take them out of the lineup.

Adams is made of adamantium. Hence the "adam" part. He's indestructible. :sarcasm:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

It's the coach's responsibility that the team is focused and prepared to play. MJ doesn't even go into the locker room apparently.

If getting blown out tonight means MJ gets sacked, let's hope Ottawa lights us up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad