Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
God damn, Beau.

Guess it's better to get 'em out of the way early... But what a ****** time for an injury. He's had an insanely good pre-season and first few games.

They're not even giving it the ******** Pens PR spin and saying "just banged up, day-to-day."

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
So he got hurt on the very last shift of the game? Or did something happen off ice? I can't imagine it being serious.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So he must have been injured sometime last game and the coach makes no mention of it until 2 days later? This ****ing organization sucks. Coach is talking about how great BB's game was on tuesday but him being injured somehow slips his mind?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure Malkin got hurt last year against the Blue like halfway through the game, but finished it and showed no ill effects. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If the injury is serious, maybe it opens up a chance for Sprong to slide up in the lineup? Damn though Beau, why can't you stay healthy? I hate that he has done that 2 years in a row now, start out the preseason fantastic, get everyone hopeful with him only to get hurt again.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
**** everything. It's probably his wrist again.

If it's his wrist again that might be the end of his NHL career after this season. Shame that such a stupid freak accident could end up derailing a promising career.

But that is all highly presumptuous and a worst-case scenario that I don't believe to be reality.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If this is another serious injury, I wouldn't be surprised for the Pens to not tender Bennett a QO after this year. This contract was his "crap or get off the toilet" contract, and him getting hurt again makes it very hard to crap. With Sprong showing as much as he has shown, I can't see the Pens putting up with Beau's injury issues much longer.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah if Beau is out this should at least lead to Sprong being put on the third line, unless Johnston is insane and puts Porter or Farnham there.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
So Farnham plays a game and Dupuis immediately gets injured. Fehr either comes back or is close to it and Bennett goes down again.

Wonderful. Eagerly awaiting the inevitable Letang concussion, except not.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
:banghead:

How? He finished the freakkkin'''' game!?!?

So:

Kunitz-Sid-Kessel
Perron-Geno-Horny
Plotnikov-Bonino-Sprong
Porter-Cullen-Farnham

it is then?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It's always the useful players who get hurt on this team as well. Over the last few years Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Beau, Mattaa and others have all gone down. Meanwhile, Kunitz, Adams, Scuderi and Lovejoy have been made of iron or something. Maybe other teams are taking it easy on those guys so the Pens won't be forced to take them out of the lineup.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If this is another serious injury, I wouldn't be surprised for the Pens to not tender Bennett a QO after this year. This contract was his "crap or get off the toilet" contract, and him getting hurt again makes it very hard to crap. With Sprong showing as much as he has shown, I can't see the Pens putting up with Beau's injury issues much longer.

No matter how injury prone he is they'd be stupid to not qualify him at least. Some other team would take a gamble and scoop him up instantly if he became available.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
No matter how injury prone he is they'd be stupid to not qualify him at least. Some other team would take a gamble and scoop him up instantly if he became available.

Yeah I can see why someone would say give up on him but.......I mean we see our "stable" of young forwards right? Can't let him go really.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Here's to hoping the injury is nothing serious, and he only misses a game or two.

That's about all of the positivity and optimism I can muster with regard to this team's injury woes, especially regarding Bennett.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
It's always the useful players who get hurt on this team as well. Over the last few years Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Beau, Mattaa and others have all gone down. Meanwhile, Kunitz, Adams, Scuderi and Lovejoy have been made of iron or something. Maybe other teams are taking it easy on those guys so the Pens won't be forced to take them out of the lineup.

Except both Kunitz and Scuderi have been injured, and Lovejoy this go around hasn't been on the team that long.

Adams was Adams.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The Coyotes didn't tender a QO to John Moore last year and the Canes didn't qualify an offer to Loktionov in 2014, so it has happened before. Loktionov also produced similar to how BB has, he had 7 goals and 22 points in 68 games in his last season. I wouldn't say they won't QO him, but I could definitely see it happening.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea, i don't see why you wouldn't keep gambling with Beau if he comes in under a million.

Still a tad too early as this injury COULD be minor.
Kid has had some major ones along the way.
Maybe he got lucky this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad