Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sabres | loss | we didn’t get tased, we got trampled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man they can't clear up space fast enough for Ty Smith. 5 points in 8gp down there, and is exactly the youthful addition we need to our blueline.
I'm excited to see what a Smith-Rutta pairing can do. I just don't know how the f*** to fit everybody else in the mix. :laugh:

Dumo's shit, been saying so for a lot longer than this season. Dude's gotta go. But I don't know that Petts being promoted is the right call, and I'm a bit wary of putting POJ in a spot where he's in over his head undoes the progress he's made thus far.

You've got two LD who stand to benefit most from playing on the 3rd pairing alongside Rutta. But you've got one LD for the top two spots.

Reactions: Pancakes

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Nah, I think you need to go outside of the organization to address the 3rd line RW spot. You don't have anyone who's ready for the role that really brings what I'd want out of a Kapanen replacement.

You need to basically acquire another Tanev type of player for that RW spot IMO. I don't mind losing Tanev because Sullivan would have never would have used him like that (he would have kept him stapled to Blueger), but I'd want someone like him to replace Kapanen on that 3rd line.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm excited to see what a Smith-Rutta pairing can do. I just don't know how the f*** to fit everybody else in the mix. :laugh:

Dumo's shit, been saying so for a lot longer than this season. Dude's gotta go. But I don't know that Petts being promoted is the right call, and I'm a bit wary of putting POJ in a spot where he's in over his head undoes the progress he's made thus far.

You've got two LD who stand to benefit most from playing on the 3rd pairing alongside Rutta. But you've got one LD for the top two spots.
At this point I don't even care
Petts
POJ
Smith

I'll take the guys playing higher than they should over what we are getting with Dumo.

Reactions: Darren McCord

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hex looked at the roster and the first thing that came to his mind was trading for an older, more expensive D on a multi year contract.

I still think this could work out peachy for the Pens, but it will most definitely not have to take place with Hex at the helm. As much as I have wanted Sully fired for a long while now, HEX / burke need fired post-haste.

Step one- Fire FO
Step two- Remain near the bottom of the East
Step three- Trade any and all vets having good years to contenders.
Step 4- Get extremely lucky in the draft
Step 5- Trade Sully this offseason

Odds of all of that taking place .......1.7%
All that taking place, 1 percent?
ALL THAT!?
More like 0.17%

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
72BxjN2TK6Tv4IIfkQ8JuPCSCi0=.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
At this point I don't even care
Petts
POJ
Smith

I'll take the guys playing higher than they should over what we are getting with Dumo.
I think the issue I have isn't that Petts will be worse than Dumo. It's that POJ runs the risk of getting cratered playing alongside a dogshit Petry. Not only screwing with the performance of the pairing, but f***ing up his confidence and probably more importantly, any increase in potential value as an asset he's built up through 10 games of solid/strong play if we want to use him in a deal to fix the middle-6 if need be.

I wonder if Kap's problem is the same as Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn's and some enterprising coach just needs to stick some nerdy glasses on him and he'll start scoring a bunch of goals?
Well he cut off all of his hair so that's a boost right off the bat. Aerodynamics baybeeeee.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I wonder if Kap's problem is the same as Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn's and some enterprising coach just needs to stick some nerdy glasses on him and he'll start scoring a bunch of goals?
It certainly could be a lost cause BUT I have a hunch he'd be a different player under a new coach...see his time in TOR

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Second game in a row in which I realized Carter wasn't playing only after more than half of the game had passed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It certainly could be a lost cause BUT I have a hunch he'd be a different player under a new coach...see his time in TOR

I have a friend that is a big Leafs fan (I know I know) and the first thing he told me is best of luck but that Kap was a gifted and also extremely stupid player.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I have a friend that is a big Leafs fan (I know I know) and the first thing he told me is best of luck but that Kap was a gifted and also extremely stupid player.
Right that'd apparent. Some coaches can harness such players though. Like I said I can't fully judge any player when the coaching staff is heinous.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Nah, I think you need to go outside of the organization to address the 3rd line RW spot. You don't have anyone who's ready for the role that really brings what I'd want out of a Kapanen replacement.

You need to basically acquire another Tanev type of player for that RW spot IMO. I don't mind losing Tanev because Sullivan would have never would have used him like that (he would have kept him stapled to Blueger), but I'd want someone like him to replace Kapanen on that 3rd line.

I know but I just think you could make the move now and address in down the road. If you put Rust in a different role maybe he gets less lazy lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think we can all safely laugh at the Maple Leafs now for making it blatantly obvious Kapanen was their salary cap dump a few years ago, then *only* getting the 15th overall pick and a prospect out of said cap dump.

Haha idiots.

I wish we could get the Canucks' 1st round pick and a random prospect for Dumoulin.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's terrible to watch the decline and know the people in charge don't see it.

Sully is a fine coach but he's lost his way with the team. All coaches do. He's comfy, got extended, praised left and right. He has no fear of losing his job and he's coaching that way.

I mean... it seems pretty obvious, right? Especially since we've seen it all over the league and of course here over and over? And yet... that sand... it's so easy to just... bury the head...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm tellin' you, man. This board cares way more about shit like sorting out guys like Dumo and Kap, and replacing Sullivan than either the front office or ownership do. :laugh: We're all gonna dive ourselves insane.

My only sorta bold prediction is that Hextall doesn't make it to January as the GM. But that's probably the drugs making me a little too optimistic for my own good.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I have zero illusions of a change there.

I'm just saying it's going to be maddening all year to deal with the media and YOU guys rippin' the shit out of the core left and right while being like "mehhhh yeah Sullivan is a problem but what can ya do lol!"

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I have zero illusions of a change there.

I'm just saying it's going to be maddening all year to deal with the media and YOU guys rippin' the shit out of the core left and right while being like "mehhhh yeah Sullivan is a problem but what can ya do lol!"

dont worry I will try to rip sullivan enough to make it even :)

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I mean... it seems pretty obvious, right? Especially since we've seen it all over the league and of course here over and over? And yet... that sand... it's so easy to just... bury the head...
I'm tellin' you, man. This board cares way more about shit like sorting out guys like Dumo and Kap, and replacing Sullivan than either the front office or ownership do. :laugh: We're all gonna dive ourselves insane.

My only sorta bold prediction is that Hextall doesn't make it to January as the GM. But that's probably the drugs making me a little too optimistic for my own good.
I mean I know exactly why. It's like being in a toxic relationship. All your friends tell you from the outside "hey bro that's f***** up, move on". But you think it's fixable and you won't find better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad