Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Preds| loss | Letang, we….. ummm. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I want to see Rust there for another game. Rust is a soon to be $7M winger. If Geno can't hack it with him then we have a Geno problem, not a Geno help problem.

I dont want to see EROD on L1 if that's the case though but yeah sure give Rust some L2 time.

I do think a move should be made and many of the talking heads have been saying L2 should be a priority to get some help there.

We've all seen Geno go on 4-5 game point droughts just to come back and look dominant at times. Not really too concerned with Geno yet. If anything he's probably like give me someone to F*&king play with

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Geno is snakebitten at even-strength and struggling to generate quality chances. He looks fine - hell even good out there - but then you look up and he ain't generating anything again and again and again.

I liked Geno's L2 and Sid's L1 and would give it another look.

Letang-Math made a hilarious mistake and Letang was an adventure throughout. He's had a few stinkers recently.

Saros was better than CDS obviously.

Kapanen may never score again. To straight chest-snipe on the breakaway was fitting.
And Simone brings nothing night after night . Is this guy married to someone's daughter or what?

Reactions: canadianguy77

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I dont want to see EROD on L1 if that's the case though but yeah sure give Rust some L2 time.

I do think a move should be made and many of the talking heads have been saying L2 should be a priority to get some help there.

We've all seen Geno go on 4-5 game point droughts just to come back and look dominant at times. Not really too concerned with Geno yet. If anything he's probably like give me someone to F*&king play with

Geno "looks" fine out there.

But he isn't generating A-grade chances. He's making nice passes in transition and such but he isn't doing what it takes to score goals.

Having said that Heinen is the epitome of replacement-level so I can't begrudge him there. Certainly it wouldn't be hard to upgrade if the price was right.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

If Erod is on the first line at play off time I'll be laughing my head of at Sullivan

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
- Sullivan for choosing tonight — a game against a tough and stout team who’s at the top of their game — to experiment with different combos.

Do that against Arizona, Philly, Buffalo, etc.

Must kept GCR together.

Math & Tang are not a good pair.

Simon should never play another game for us. He brings nothing. At least ZAR hits and PKs so he can be useful when not scoring, but Simon does nothing.

Get Malkin a legit winger.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Letang is starting to consistently make single plays that are single-handedly costing us games. It has GOT to stop. I am just at a loss of words.
The local press putting out endless Letang's Game has Finally Matured!!! puff pieces in December really look prescient in retrospect, don't they?

Reactions: vodeni

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I think it's safe to say you are not making a panic move 6 days from the TDL.

Should have made an initial move a week ago.

I don't know if you were referring to my comment as the panic move but if so I don't believe there is any panic to it. L2 needs to be successful or there will be no success. If Kap can't play on L2 than Geno needs some help, its not a secret, the spot was there for him to take and he didn't.

Reactions: PaulD

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
The whole notion of “we don’t want to ruin team chemistry” when it comes to TDL needs to be thrown out the window. This team needs a major injection of Wings & D. This will be another embarrassing 1st round exit if not. This should be the one last swing for the fence and then sort out the pieces in the off-season…

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
This is what happens when you try to tweak with the lines. Stop making changes that nobody wants! Put ZAR back in, take Rust off line 2, and sign an enforcer or Eric Staal/Jankowski type to play with #71. Period.

Reactions: Shady Machine

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
This is what happens when you try to tweak with the lines. Stop making changes that nobody wants! Put ZAR back in, take Rust off line 2, and sign an enforcer or Eric Staal/Jankowski type to play with #71. Period.

Funny thing is and I know that was your point. People have been screaming their heads off about tinkering with the lineup, Sully does it and we lose and the sky is falling.:laugh:

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This "one line that can score at ES" offensive scheme continues to pay dividends.

Can't miss come playoff time, I bet.

Reactions: Pens x

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I mean the Predators had absolutely nothing and scored on 75% of their chances. Penguins were much better but they are not finishers in difficult games.

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad