Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Much needed point

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
How many f***ing cups and how many f***ing clutch goals and f***ing game winners do you f***ing need to start the OT on one of the most important f***ing game of the season? f***kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Reactions: Aerrol

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
1 point is huge.

Knew we were done the second I saw Eller and DOC out there.

Seriously, WTF is Sullivan thinking?

Please, someone with some onions, ask Sullivan why he thought Eller and DOC was a better option than Sid and Rust or Geno and Bunting/Racky?
Sully doesn't think, he's like Letang...no brains. Even I would have started our best players in overtime in a must win game.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I am speechless. I wish someone would ask Sully WTF 10 and 20 are doing out in OT. I'm sure they'll ask about their compete level. It was pathetic, men against boys.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The one point is huge either way.

If Detroit wins tomorrow the Pens still have a chance to tie them with a win on Thursday (and be ahead by virtue of more RW's than Detroit).

If Washington wins tomorrow, the Pens would be ahead of them by one point if they beat Detroit on Thursday.

So, either way, the season basically comes down to that Detroit game. Gotta win that to even have a chance probably.
Yeah, it’s over if they don’t win in regulation against the Wings…but thank god we have our ace in the hole Jeff Carter to defend leads for us…

• Haha
Reactions: Dessloch

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
+1 point
+L2
-- They don't practice 3-on-3 OT. And I swear to God these players need to just say f**** it and change. Yes, it becomes a 3-on-2 for 6 seconds. Who cares. The other team will get a chance just like they'll get a chance regardless. Hustle to the bench.

-------The PP. Armstrong juzzes himself because the Penguins look good-ish for 10 minutes of Powerplay time, failing to score, while Auston Matthews scores in 30 seconds. F off. You don't score, you suck.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
It was just so funny hearing the surprise on Sportsnet at Sullivan starting Eller and DOC snd keeping them out there, and then thinking that Sullivan would put Crosby and Malkin together

So illuminating to hear the idiocy called by people outside the cult.

Pens broadcast has never questioned that

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The whole "insist on putting Eller out there to start OT because you have a mancrush only for him to get utterly caved for 2 straight minutes and the other team inevitably scores" thing has happened twice this season somehow. And that's two times too many. I feel like no coach can be that moronic twice but here we are.

Don't ever underestimate Mike Sullivan's lack of care when it comes to the season being on the line or not. He doesn't give a shit. This is the same guy who played an obviously-awful JJ 18 minutes a night in the playoffs, would get burned and then continued to do it. This guy started Jeff Carter in place of Crosby against the Rangers in the playoffs when Malkin was sitting right there. Twice.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I am speechless. I wish someone would ask Sully WTF 10 and 20 are doing out in OT. I'm sure they'll ask about their compete level. It was pathetic, men against boys.
Sullivan: “I put the combination of players out for OT that I think gives us the best chance to win”…lol…anyone who asks him about personnel, gets this standard reply

Reactions: akapidots

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
One point means that we control our destiny over Detroit and obviously Philly. The only thing that we don´t control is Washington actually winning all of their 5 games and Isles all of their 4 non-Pens games. It really comes down to that Detroit game IMO.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That's a pretty good place to be this year. The Flyers may never win again.
If it was a three team race maybe, but given it's Pens, Flyers, Islanders, Caps, and Wings...and all have much easier schedules than us...not a great place.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Yeah, it’s over if they don’t win in regulation against the Wings…but thank god we our ace in the hole Jeff Carter to defend leads for us…
It's not over if they get 1-2 against Detroit. You keep acting like Detroit and the Isles will win out...at least one will not. But I'd agree getting 2 in regulation would be prudent.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We are now depended on other teams losing.
No we aren't? If Detroit wins they're two points ahead of us with the same GPs going into Thursday. We beat them, we're ahead by virtue of RWs.

If Washington wins and we beat Detroit, we're ahead of Washington by virtue of one point.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
One point means that we control our destiny over Detroit and obviously Philly. The only thing that we don´t control is Washington actually winning all of their 5 games and Isles all of their 4 non-Pens games. It really comes down to that Detroit game IMO.
I will admit I'm very confident that the Caps aren't going to win their next 5 games.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Sullivan remains an over coaching moron but 1 point is great. Gotta beat Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad