Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Much needed point

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Needed 1 point between the Leafs and Bruins, we got it. Wish the PP would start clicking. Win against the Wings, Caps and Isles and we got this!

0eghetyajka91.gif

You negative wankers need to calm the fetch down.

MRAGse.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
10 trillion IQ move by amazing coach Mike Sullivan to put Lars Eller and Drew O'Connor on the ice for a 3 on 3. When your season is on the line, definitely don't want Crosby or Malkin on the ice.

I don't really think the 1 point helps that much. They basically need to win out.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
WTF did they move up in the neutral zone to chase when they had no gas? Just collapse in front of the goaltender with 3 players! f***ing stupid! The only reason they scored was that they tried to force themselves up the ice when not in possession dead tired! It opened up the lane!

The Leafs would enter the zone anyways, so totally pointless to do that. Just gave them a free break away because of it!

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Sullivan forgot to tell Leafs that we both should rest our star guys for the playoffs during the ot.. therefore, were not going there

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I didn't catch who it was by why are you coasting towards the puck when they have too many men on the ice and can't touch it? I get your tired but come on...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Solid game, well earned point. Our inability 3 vs 3 is just comical tho. Starting Eller and he was there the whole overtime, LOL. Eller and EK responsible for this loss. If they don´t make it, it´s the powerplay and 3 vs 3 that costs them. That said, 3 vs 3 format hugely favors Toronto over them, it was expected, but still sad.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Gutsy effort to get a point. 0 for 5 on the PP is very hard to overcome.

OT play continues to be incredibly bad. Similar to the PP, they never seem to want to adapt their approach towards the teams in the league that have success in OT. Can't get rid of the puck fast enough when they get it in OT, whereas every other team in the league rags it for as long as possible until the grade A chance arrives.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I get Sullivan not trusting Puustinen that much and electing to put Carter out there but I don't recall a shift by that line that wasn't a complete offensive black hole. With Puustinen however, was a different story.

The only thing better than 2pts next game is Carter falling down the stairs or taking a puck to the face and being done for the year.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
10 trillion IQ move by amazing coach Mike Sullivan to put Lars Eller and Drew O'Connor on the ice for a 3 on 3. When your season is on the line, definitely don't want Crosby or Malkin on the ice.

I don't really think the 1 point helps that much. They basically need to win out.
Our next game is against Det. Lose that in regulation I can't see us coming back...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad