Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Much needed point

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Me: why is Sullivan obsessed with Eller starting ot
Sportnet who never watches Pens Games: weird thought Eller would just be for face-off, maybe Malkin and Crosby next together
Me: lol

And then Crosby never even really tastes the ice in OT with must win points and Eller missing tons of chances

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
10 trillion IQ move by amazing coach Mike Sullivan to put Lars Eller and Drew O'Connor on the ice for a 3 on 3. When your season is on the line, definitely don't want Crosby or Malkin on the ice.

I don't really think the 1 point helps that much. They basically need to win out.
I mean they controlled their destiny by winning out but they could still make the playoffs…chances of both Wings and Isles and/or Caps winning out isn’t great

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
-------- Mike Sullivan lost them this game. The following minuses are why.
----Starting overtime with Eller and DOC in a must win game.
----not calling a timeout when the fourth line and third pairing was out there for 2 mins in the second. Led to the first goal.
------actually double shifting Jeff Carter
---jeff Carter out the last minute of the game
------not fixing the power play for 78 games.
-----jeff Carter alligator arming a puck in the offensive zone because he didn't want to skate. Led to a breakaway and a power play for the Leafs.
--------toronto home cooking on the no penalty calls on Karlsson and Crosby.
-----Karlsson is really bad at defense.
----Ryan Sheas inability to clear on the first goal.
----the people pumped about earning a point will be the same ones combing the penguins schedule and blaming them not making the playoffs on blown leads and poor decisions

Last edited:

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
1 point is huge.

Knew we were done the second I saw Eller and DOC out there.

Seriously, WTF is Sullivan thinking?

Please, someone with some onions, ask Sullivan why he thought Eller and DOC was a better option than Sid and Rust or Geno and Bunting/Racky?

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Crosby sitting on the edge of the boards for practically a minute waiting for a change. Yet another ot loss with your best player watching from the bench.

More top tier coaching by ole Sully.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
10 trillion IQ move by amazing coach Mike Sullivan to put Lars Eller and Drew O'Connor on the ice for a 3 on 3. When your season is on the line, definitely don't want Crosby or Malkin on the ice.

I don't really think the 1 point helps that much. They basically need to win out.
Bullshit. It helps a lot. Massive point. They will 99% get in with 6 points out of those 4 games IF they beat Detroit especially.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not gonna lie, it is pretty impressive to get outcoached at something as simple as picking 3 players to start OT.

There were a lot of ways they could have lost the OT to the younger, faster team. But hampering yourself like that is just ridiculous. Put the game in your best players hands and take your chances. It's cowardly to coach like that.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Season on the line and you can’t get either franchise center, both of whom are on fire, on the ice in 90 seconds of OT. That’s some Galaxy brain shit right there, and I can’t fault the guys out there they were all dead on their feet

Anyway, we got a point against one of the league’s best teams. These guys continue to defy gravity and I’m still a believer with how well they’re playing

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Yeah, let’s continue NOT practicing 3-on-3.

I LOATHE Mike Sullivan. He might have fallen below Disco for me.
Disco had them practice ot and shootouts religiously.

Lot of faults in ole disco dan, but if my memory serves at least we had a pretty good ot/so record under him.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The one point is huge either way.

If Detroit wins tomorrow the Pens still have a chance to tie them with a win on Thursday (and be ahead by virtue of more RW's than Detroit).

If Washington wins tomorrow, the Pens would be ahead of them by one point if they beat Detroit on Thursday.

So, either way, the season basically comes down to that Detroit game. Gotta win that to even have a chance probably.

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Nice to get a point. But he’s really playing with fire with the JC usage. It could all blow up in his face and end up wasting this chance if he’s not careful.

Toronto fans expect the officiating to be the same as it was tonight when the playoffs begin. lol.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad