Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jacket: Carter and Smith - The heros we deserve, not the ones we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The Capitals at least have had the self-awareness to be sellers for more than a year now. The Penguins, not... so much.
So you’re saying that the team that was in a playoff spot until Game 81 should have sold last year? And that they lacked self-awareness by not dumping players while in a playoff race?

I mean, ok. Go Caps. They rule.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
So you’re saying that the team that was in a playoff spot until Game 81 should have sold last year? And that they lacked self-awareness by not dumping players while in a playoff race?

I mean, ok. Go Caps. They rule.
Straw man argument much? Noticing that a team is being less dumb than the Penguins doesn't mean I admire them.

And yeah, the Pens should have either sold or made radical changes. Treading water is the worst strategy in a league like the NHL, especially when your team is older than Noah's Ark.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't know if it was solid. They were dominated for half the game by a bottom dweller who was on the second of a back to back, who thankfully had an AHL goalie playing. But it was a win.

Level of effort after the first was really disappointing.

They were tied with 1 of the worst teams in the league with aboubt 12 mins left in the game.
When does the parade start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad