Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jacket: Carter and Smith - The heros we deserve, not the ones we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Three games in hand in Philly. No wild card spot but could be a dogfight for third in metro. Philly, Isles, Caps, Jersey and us are all pretty brutal and within striking distance of each other still
Isles are about to win tonight and they’re 4 up on us…they’re not as brutal as the Pens lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Geno and Smith finally showing a bit of chemistry when the playoffs are already out of reach and 3 days from the trade deadline seems on brand for the team.

As is the secondary scoring that’s been missing basically all season.

Ah well. I’d just like to see the guys take the reins off a bit now and just have some fun for the rest of the season. There isn’t any pressure now. Just go out there and play your games. f*** the coach.

While Smith and Geno were great today. The Jackets are really that bad and I wouldn't read much into the chemistry thing against an awful team like this. Even the Caps game, they played 4 western conference teams and got dunked on in 3 out of 4.

Showing up against a bottom feeder like the Jackets has never been an issue for this team at any point.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
+doing it for Jansen
+Pouty, low effort sid is sexy. I now know how it feels to support a guy putting in a losing effort, and damn it feels good. MAF fans. I'm here guys.

Reactions: Lustaf

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I watched the highlights, seems like our old buddy Gudbranson was trying to give us helping hand in the (lol) playoff race and help his team tank some more.

Good to see Malkin scoring again but please for the love all that's good, sell, sell, sell!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'd love for them to sell and suck and we sell but get 1-2 pieces back, go on a run, make the playoffs, sign Jake July 1.
I mean that is the ideal situation. I really wonder with the reports being pure rental if that is Jakes plan.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Or Jake cares more about where hes playing long term. If hes happy here why leave? Hes got his cups already.
Maybe.

Or he and the core still believe that they have one more run in them.

To me though, the most likely scenario ends with him choosing a team that is considered a top threat and will chase that one more cup elsewhere.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Didn't see the game, but I was checking the boxscore on the NHL site and it lists Rakell scoring a PPG unassisted, but the description says "deflected".

So how the hell does someone deflect a puck in without any assist on the play? Did Columbus should it at their own net and Rakell deflected it in?

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad