Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jacket: Carter and Smith - The heros we deserve, not the ones we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Shitty team beat the shittier team, a few blokes got much needed goals and points to get back some confidence.

Sullivan Is still a twat.
937ee8ad-8733-4960-a570-b9b335042beb_text.gif
42f66c7c-2326-43ee-a876-db3860c59eac_text.gif

You make the playoffs

Are we leading the league in shorthanded goals given up? Seems like it's a regular occurrence.
Our PP may not even be a net + in goal differential.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
we can't even lose when we should...

i don't want my team to lose, but I don't want dubas to have *ANY* hesitation on trading away assets and getting younger.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
While Smith and Geno were great today. The Jackets are really that bad and I wouldn't read much into the chemistry thing against an awful team like this. Even the Caps game, they played 4 western conference teams and got dunked on in 3 out of 4.

Showing up against a bottom feeder like the Jackets has never been an issue for this team at any point.
it has been for us.:laugh:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
we can't even lose when we should...

i don't want my team to lose, but I don't want dubas to have *ANY* hesitation on trading away assets and getting younger.
Any "hockey guy" watching that game last night will clearly see that we got dominated 2/3 of that hockey game. I mean I know some Leafs fans claim it, but KD can't be that dumb right?

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They should definitely punt this year's pick to SJ, imo. Next year it'd lose the lotto protection and this team's a lengthy Sid injury away from a top-5 pick. :laugh:

Agreed. Like @ChaosAgent said above... go get that 11th overall, boys.

Sid/Geno have been pretty healthy the last couple seasons, too. Feels like a matter of time, there. Can't help but think they'll be even worse next season. Would rather send that pick this year.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Weird feeling right now. Almost don’t want them to win, just so they get a higher draft pick.
we are going to lose a first this year or next. and since we are going to be a worse team next year you want them to do well enough this year that they don't give up an even higher pick next year. go pen's.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Agreed. Like @ChaosAgent said above... go get that 11th overall, boys.

Sid/Geno have been pretty healthy the last couple seasons, too. Feels like a matter of time, there. Can't help but think they'll be even worse next season. Would rather send that pick this year.
Especially if Jake hits the open market this summer or re-signs wherever he's dealt. I'm by no means a Jake fan, but the fact is he produces. That's an insurmountable production loss, pretty much regardless of what the return is in the next 12ish hours.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Especially if Jake hits the open market this summer or re-signs wherever he's dealt. I'm by no means a Jake fan, but the fact is he produces. That's an insurmountable production loss, pretty much regardless of what the return is in the next 12ish hours.

Yeah Jake is more or less automatic for 30+ goals. I don't see anyone except maybe one guy on the roster I can say the same about.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The 8th seed Lightning are currently on pace for 94 points. Since it's unlikely we best their RW count, 95 points is a good required projection to get in.

So we'd need 31 out of 44 points.
15-6-1 or 14-5-3.
Not happening lol…we’ll be lucky to go .500 this week if that …not a sure thing we beat the Caps Thursday, who have been better than us sorry to say, and then we won’t win either game in that horrific b2b

At this point I'm also thinking we are better off giving San Jose the pick than us giving next year's thinking there is a great chance we will be worse!

Either way it's so frustrating, we were and are in no position to be trading 1st round picks
Should give them the pick unless we win the lottery…

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Not happening lol…we’ll be lucky to go .500 this week if that …not a sure thing we beat the Caps Thursday, who have been better than us sorry t say, and then we won’t win either game in that horrific b2b

Should give them the pick unless we win the lottery…
Your admiration for a shitty Capitals team is something else.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Lol…not admiration…just better than a shitty Pens team…they at least fired their coach and I admire their GM for that lol
They are one of the few teams in a bleaker spot than the Penguins, but keep pumping their tires. Must be rough being so negative about the Penguins that it leads to sucking off that f'ing franchise day after day.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They are one of the few teams in a bleaker spot than the Penguins, but keep pumping their tires. Must be rough being so negative about the Penguins that it leads to sucking off that f'ing franchise day after day.
I’ll disagree that things are bleaker there…they at least kept some first round draft picks and they are contributing and are more skilled than the young players we have: McMichael, Lapierre, Protas etc

Reactions: Asuna

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I’ll disagree that things are bleaker there…they at least kept some first round draft picks and they are contributing and are more skilled than the young players we have: McMichael, Lapierre, Protas etc
Cool, they have a few marginal prospects who will be 2nd or 3rd liners down the road. You having people over tomorrow night to root for Ovie?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
They're definitely in a little better shape then we are going forward with the recent 4 drafts or so where they hung on to their picks, should be interesting to see what happens here in the next few days and how much we can retool assuming Jake is traded.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Watched the highlights again and it's the most somber vibes ever from our guys. Team knows half the locker room is gone by end of the week.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Watched the highlights again and it's the most somber vibes ever from our guys. Team knows half the locker room is gone by end of the week.

Guys like Sid and Geno are born winners. They are absolutely not used to being a league doormat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad