Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Jacket: Carter and Smith - The heros we deserve, not the ones we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Didn't see the game, but I was checking the boxscore on the NHL site and it lists Rakell scoring a PPG unassisted, but the description says "deflected".

So how the hell does someone deflect a puck in without any assist on the play? Did Columbus should it at their own net and Rakell deflected it in?
Yes.

Reactions: Al Smith

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens have the unique ability to turn the switch to high when it no longer matters.
The Pens are terrified in pressure situations in games, like holding a lead or having to score with an advantage lol…it’s amazing that such talented experienced players can panic so much that they make vomit inducing mistakes…

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Didn't see the game, but I was checking the boxscore on the NHL site and it lists Rakell scoring a PPG unassisted, but the description says "deflected".

So how the hell does someone deflect a puck in without any assist on the play? Did Columbus should it at their own net and Rakell deflected it in?
Puustinen bombed one off the glass, Gudbransson tried to clear behind his net, he cleared it just off Rakell's foot and into his own net.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I didn’t realize what a horrific schedule we have this week…played on Sunday, tonight, Thursday and then a weekend b2b at the Bruins and home against the Oilers not even 24 hours later…play Bs at 3 pm and Oil at 1 pm…Christ on a cracker, that’s really shitty of the NHL…

Reactions: canadianguy77

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Maybe.

Or he and the core still believe that they have one more run in them.

To me though, the most likely scenario ends with him choosing a team that is considered a top threat and will chase that one more cup elsewhere.

Fans want to win at all cost. A lot of players want to be happy, make money and enjoy the game.

He has a cup. He isn’t going to set records or really be remembered outside of Pittsburgh. another cup really doesn’t mean as much to players as it does to cities.

If he is happy in Pittsburgh and they will pay him enough why leave to be scrutinized and hated if he doesn’t perform

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
29er: WHAT A SAVE BY JARRY ON GADREAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(replay clearly shows Gadreau hit the side of the net)
29er: Well maybe the puck was spinning a bit off his pad there....

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
We keep losing games, but after every win I take a look at the standings and we are always just a couple of points out of the play-off if we win all the games in hand, so weird.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We keep losing games, but after every win I take a look at the standings and we are always just a couple of points out of the play-off if we win all the games in hand, so weird.
That's because the rest of the east sucks too.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Good game from the Malkin and Smith duo. Hopefully Geno waives his no trade for another shot at the cup. I doubt Letang would waive his but after the disrespect of pulling these two off the first string power play this year, maybe they would. I would love too see these two or one of them playing in this years playoffs. Hopefully Edmonton or Boston. I have zero idea what has happened to Jakes contract, he should off been signed already.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Have to get this off my chest but it was absolutely disgusting that let scum Pat Nar-dooshy get some recognition and imitate an absolute legend in Mike Lange. Disrespectful and it ruined the game for me. How could a proud Penn State woman who is becoming one of the most powerful people in the organization (Jenn Bullano-Ridgley) let this happen?

Thankfully lots of fellow great fans are dragging him in the replies here.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I didn’t realize what a horrific schedule we have this week…played on Sunday, tonight, Thursday and then a weekend b2b at the Bruins and home against the Oilers not even 24 hours later…play Bs at 3 pm and Oil at 1 pm…Christ on a cracker, that’s really shitty of the NHL…
The older our team gets, the worse the schedule gets it seems. Last year was pretty brutal too. I also feel like our team only played like half of the Saturdays this year.

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Good game from the Malkin and Smith duo. Hopefully Geno waives his no trade for another shot at the cup. I doubt Letang would waive his but after the disrespect of pulling these two off the first string power play this year, maybe they would. I would love too see these two or one of them playing in this years playoffs. Hopefully Edmonton or Boston. I have zero idea what has happened to Jakes contract, he should off been signed already.
I actually agree with Sullivan on splitting up the units. Might be the only halfway sensible thing he did this season. I think the plan to keep Jake went out the window Saturday night when Kris lost the game and their chance at a playoff spot.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Weird feeling right now. Almost don’t want them to win, just so they get a higher draft pick.

It’s been so weird this year. Never look forward to watching them.

Nice to see Geno get a couple points last night.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Weird feeling right now. Almost don’t want them to win, just so they get a higher draft pick.

It’s been so weird this year. Never look forward to watching them.

Nice to see Geno get a couple points last night.
At this point I'm also thinking we are better off giving San Jose the pick than us giving next year's thinking there is a great chance we will be worse!

Either way it's so frustrating, we were and are in no position to be trading 1st round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad