Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Shootout loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sad that all of our old guys had to play like 22-24 minutes tonight…

hopefully Rust and ERod arent seriously hurt…

if one of them misses the next game, I hope we can get DOC up as an emergency recall

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Letang got tired even in the OT,this should have been realized by the coaches and they should try Rackell.

Reactions: farscape1

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Exciting game, OT and the shootout were brutal.

I like the pushback we showed, at least forcing OT.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Thought Carter, Zucker, Heinen and Kapanen - the depth scoring guys - played their best collective game in some time.

A little perspective on this one. On the road against an Islanders team that is playing at a playoff level. Sans Malkin and lost Rust early.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do those who have been saying "move on" after every game lately realize how few games left there are before the POs? Can't be pissing away games right now and expect not to get embarrassed in the 1st round again.
Outside of the crazy reactions…

The pens last dozen games are very discouraging, the warts Sullivan had that players would routinely mask with stellar individual performances, is no longer hiding behind them anymore. That defense is hard to watch and I don’t care if down this stretch you healthy scratch Dumoulin and call up POJ, because Dumoulin really isn’t helping this team win anyhow, a young lad that wants to prove himself will show a f*** ton more than whatever flaccid bullshit Dumoulin is slanging out there.

Not that the defense being ass and team defense being ass for about what, 20 games now is all on Dumoulin, that system is just getting murdered this season and it’s weird because we had a nice hot streak and then a weird losing streak…

Let’s see which team shows up vs the Isles, the one that shows that the game was a blip and they’re brushing it off, or the ones that let this team get so deep in their heads that they start to take dumb penalties and let the Isles dictate everything.

I think Jarry standing on his head hid a lot of things, up until Sullivan literally over played the lad and exhausted the shit out of him, right before the playoffs when you’d want your starter to be playing a little less to be fresher and not get hurt.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I hope the all in is the last all in for this group. You really can't have this level of constant turnovers, unaccountable play and rewarding those players over and over. Pens got a point and move on.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
the Caps can officially pass the Pens if they win their games on hand. That seemed unthinkable a few weeks ago. What a disaster this team has been since the deadline.

Reactions: Andy99

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Penguins are awful. Who gives a shit if they "battled back." They can't get the game winning goal if they have a million chances. A two minute four on three powerplay and the Islanders have more chances. They mentally tell themselves they will lose, that is a learned behavior.

This team sucks and it's not going to get better.

The PP in OT was the most pathetic thing I've seen this season. No one moved they just stood stationary passing the puck around, not one shot attempt until they were desperate. This team does not deserve to win games.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Finding ways to lose.

So disappoint.

At least there would have been hilarity in it if it had been a Zucker own goal.
But that Kris Letang…. What a PP quarterback.

Offense generally looked dangerous most of the night 5 on 5. That and GCRa looking really good are my positive takeaways. Oh, liked Friedman and Ruh also.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
bee-movie-maybe-this-time.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese