Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Shootout loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Do those who have been saying "move on" after every game lately realize how few games left there are before the POs? Can't be pissing away games right now and expect not to get embarrassed in the 1st round again.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Pens couldn't win a playoff game even if they had the 3v3 OT and shootout. This team wins 0 playoff games. PITs 5v5 is so so bad.

Zero accountability anywhere.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Rust has been the only player worth a damn in the shutout this year.

Sid and Letang, and to a lesser extent Guentzel all used to be near automatic. Now they stink at them. Better bring back mustache boy next year

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don't know how you can justifying rolling the dice on Letang approaching his late 30's. It is almost certain he will be an anchor by the end of his next contract.
When his legs go, he legit is going to be one of the worst players in the league. Right now he still has the athletic ability to make up for a lack of any kind of hockey sense but that won’t last too much longer.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Probably deserved 2 points in this one, but it’s one of those games that you’re still thankful to get 1.

I think I’d rather have a Brett Pesce on this team rather than a Letang. He was decent in regulation but played like he suffered a lobotomy immediately before OT. Just sort of getting tired of watching his antics in games like this. I’d rather have someone who plays a steadier game.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
We'll hear Mears say on Thursday that the Penguins are attempting to extend their two game streak of non-regulation losses. Need to see the bright side of things.

Reactions: Andy99

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Those shootout attempts were embarrassing.

I respect the team’s battle level, but there was nothing tonight that makes me feel better about this team.

As I’ve said before, Letang can’t get overpaid by Montreal soon enough. I respect and am thankful for everything he’s done, but I’d like to see what the Pens can do with his salary.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. Then I quietly left again but they saw me and waved me towards them. But I stopped short of the threshold so they yanked my collar. I stood there for a sec and we looked at each other and all left together.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
+++DeSmythe, Rakell, Guentzel, Matheson, Zucker.
Zucker is on a redemption arc with me. Loved his game tonight.

--Rust injury, Letang in OT/SO, really the 4-on-3 PP in general
-----Dumo on the 4th goal. Maybe +/- is a garbage stat after all if Dumo leads the team. He is so close to being outright done.
If you've got Dumo on the 4th, you need Blueger on the 3rd, with Carter thinking WTF are you doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland