Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Shootout loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Rangers also are a much more inexperienced team and those tend to stumble their first playoffs out of the gate. I see no reason to care who we get in the first round. They all have reasons why it would not be good to meet them, but we have to play someone.
For sure agree with this. Rooting for a matchup has never worked out for us.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Letang has been god awful, but Crosby? Sure his game has some weaknesses now, but he has 77 points in 62 games, pretty decent season. Malkin's had kind of an up and down year, but up until very recently, he wasn't exactly getting much help.

When a team needs a goal and a win - that's their top players that are called upon to be the difference. The number of losses that are amounting - in important games, at important time of the year - means too many times when stars and leaders come up short. They are consistently underperforming, all the points stats be damned.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
No one's denying other players goofed too. I just don't think CDS did as much as he could.
It's not about anticipation. His stick needs to be in the default position to block such a passing attempt.

And on goal #1, his job to track the puck, not make assumptions about what his D will or won't do.
There was enough time to adjust, get across and get set. He didn't do it.

Agree to disagree I guess
What? CDS was awesome last night, defense was terrible. The Dumo goal, the Blueger goal and the Shorthanded goal is what cost them the game. Stupid decisions and laziness is something i'm getting use to see this season.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
No one's denying other players goofed too. I just don't think CDS did as much as he could.
It's not about anticipation. His stick needs to be in the default position to block such a passing attempt.

And on goal #1, his job to track the puck, not make assumptions about what his D will or won't do.
There was enough time to adjust, get across and get set. He didn't do it.

Agree to disagree I guess

Again, every goalie in the league is going to have the exact same positioning there with their stick down to control the shot. It's not CDS' job to take away the pass- he's got 2 (TWO) teammates there to handle that and they didn't

So if you want to blame CDS then you have unreasonable expectations for goaltending at this level.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
When a team needs a goal and a win - that's their top players that are called upon to be the difference. The number of losses that are amounting - in important games, at important time of the year - means too many times when stars and leaders come up short. They are consistently underperforming, all the points stats be damned.

Well there's only 8 players in the league with more game winning goals than Crosby this year

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Well there's only 8 players in the league with more game winning goals than Crosby this year

We know how flawed this GWG stat is. Your team can score 5 and yours is the second one, and then they score one back, and you end up with GWG in the stat sheet.
Or you score a goal to make it 5:0, and then your D gets too relaxed and the other team gets 4 back, and again you end up a saviour, while in reality all you did is only scored an easy goal on an unglued opponent.
I prefer to use eye test. And it shows me, that in so many games recently vs good teams, playoff bound teams - when Pens needed a goal - Crosby was nowhere to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad