Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Boyyyy if there is one thing that is crystal clear with Dubas… he loves to say so much and nothing at the same time. A real song & dance of weasel-wording around the issues.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just imagine as being as incompetent at your job for multiple years as Todd Reirden and you are still gainfully employed LOL

I know I've been harping on it a lot lately but this... this is the one, right here.

WTF are they doing with this guy? This is even beyond Matt Canada stuff. At least he had to pay for his failure with his job even if the Steelers hadn't fired a coach midseason in like 200 years or whatever dumb shit it was.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I've been sick as a dog all day so haven't watched the Dubas presser yet.

He say anything significant?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sorry to hear that. Hope you bounce back soon!

And no. Well... it was significantly disheartening, I suppose.
Thanks. Kinda annoyed because I was sick a few weeks ago and was finally good to go again and then I went on the trip to see the Jagr game and promptly got sick again lol. Prolly caught something at the airport or on the plane.

Hopefully it doesn't linger for more than a few days. I don't feel as bad as I felt when I had covid but don't feel great.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Everyone's frothing at the mouth because he backed Sullivan again. Not like he was going to trash him.

He made it clear that they're not going to spend futures to add at the deadline. Jake is probably gone. He's been looking at 1-for-1 hockey trades, but nothing has come to fruition. Those could be a possibility.

And he repeatedly stated that they need to get younger, that it's time for the core guys to be mentors to a younger group rather than having a bunch of early 30 somethings around them.

Basically they're not going to add, but they're not going to bottom out because you can't do that when you've got Sid and Co. It's changing the pieces around them and accruing additional resources.

Reactions: Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Basically that they know the team's in a tough spot, it's too easy to blame the coaching staff, there's no conversation to be had regarding Sullivan as coach, they're gonna make a concerted effort to get younger, they're not interested in spending futures, and they're gonna evaluate where Jake fits in moving forward and both sides (Jake's camp and the org) will make the best decision for all involved. This team's not gonna rebuild because Sid's too good to land top-5 picks.

A whole lotta nothing more or less.

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still laugh at Sullivan's game management - the thing that he has been super flawed with essentially dating right back to after the 2nd cup and continuously since.

He routinely uses the Carter line late in games which in turn, gives the other team an insane amount of momentum heading into OT or the blown lead to a loss etc, then to start Eller in OT? What the hell?

I also find it comical that an absolute ignorant tosser like Kingerski still shit all over Malkin after that game, I mean did he watch the game at all? Crosby's line was mostly a mess and Malkin was actually making the most of his line and it produced. Which is what they f***ing kept whining about and so he does this time with a hobbit on his wing and DOC scoring a weird goal but they were causing more havoc than previous games which was a good sign really and the narrative is just dunk on Malkin anyway?

f*** I hate these losers so much.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I still laugh at Sullivan's game management - the thing that he has been super flawed with essentially dating right back to after the 2nd cup and continuously since.

He routinely uses the Carter line late in games which in turn, gives the other team an insane amount of momentum heading into OT or the blown lead to a loss etc, then to start Eller in OT? What the hell?

I also find it comical that an absolute ignorant tosser like Kingerski still shit all over Malkin after that game, I mean did he watch the game at all? Crosby's line was mostly a mess and Malkin was actually making the most of his line and it produced. Which is what they f***ing kept whining about and so he does this time with a hobbit on his wing and DOC scoring a weird goal but they were causing more havoc than previous games which was a good sign really and the narrative is just dunk on Malkin anyway?

f*** I hate these losers so much.

Malkin only had one assist. It was the game tying assist, but don't worry about context.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone's frothing at the mouth because he backed Sullivan again. Not like he was going to trash him.

He made it clear that they're not going to spend futures to add at the deadline. Jake is probably gone. He's been looking at 1-for-1 hockey trades, but nothing has come to fruition. Those could be a possibility.

And he repeatedly stated that they need to get younger, that it's time for the core guys to be mentors to a younger group rather than having a bunch of early 30 somethings around them.

Basically they're not going to add, but they're not going to bottom out because you can't do that when you've got Sid and Co. It's changing the pieces around them and accruing additional resources.
I feel like Dubas at best can't do it until he has another full season of failure to drive the change of head coach option past FSG. FSG loves Sullivan and that's painfully clear. They value Sullivan even more than Dubas, but if @Gurglesons thing rings true and they say "You can change the coach, but only if you move him and not fire him" so as not to be on the hook for the contract - that kind of sucks.

Coaches being traded isn't common. In the NFL alone there's maybe like 8 or so instances of this happening, a quick google search shows a total of 11 coaches have been traded from the major league sports combined (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc).

The NHL has 1 - In 1987, Bergeron of the Nordiques (holla at our boy @Scandale du Jour ) was traded to the Rangers for 75k and a 1st (for 1988).

So I think with Gurgles' thing and if that was true, that's FSG saying "Lol, if you can pull this miracle off, sure, bet you won't." sort of thing. Because now you have to see if a team with a vacancy would want to speak to Sullivan and take him on via trade and pay him 5.5m/yr. This is so ugly it's f***ing hilarious, FSG essentially negotiated with Sullivan directly and signed him to whatever he wanted and made it essentially impossible to get rid of him.

Fun fact: The 1 NHL Coach trade, the Rangers gave up a 1st in 1988, this is the draft Harkins Sr was drafted in, please be a good omen that the Pens can dump this clown of a coach to someone.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Malkin only had one assist. It was the game tying assist, but don't worry about context.
I mean my point was that Malkin looked better in that game, with what he was given, it's an improvement, would have been better if they swapped Phillips with Puustinen. But you and I know how pointless that is to hope for with this coach.

Malkin can set up Doc for 2 goals and they'd still shit all over him.

I still get a kick out of "Malkin is costing this team with turnovers!" Yet his turnovers are pretty much the same as Sid's but Malkin has been also good at getting the puck back as well. For the shit he has to somehow make miracles with, I am not a fan of the bs. They'll brag about how he was shafted for the 100 top players thing, then seemingly crap all over him in the next sentence.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I feel like Dubas at best can't do it until he has another full season of failure to drive the change of head coach option past FSG. FSG loves Sullivan and that's painfully clear. They value Sullivan even more than Dubas, but if @Gurglesons thing rings true and they say "You can change the coach, but only if you move him and not fire him" so as not to be on the hook for the contract - that kind of sucks.

Coaches being traded isn't common. In the NFL alone there's maybe like 8 or so instances of this happening, a quick google search shows a total of 11 coaches have been traded from the major league sports combined (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc).

The NHL has 1 - In 1987, Bergeron of the Nordiques (holla at our boy @Scandale du Jour ) was traded to the Rangers for 75k and a 1st (for 1988).

So I think with Gurgles' thing and if that was true, that's FSG saying "Lol, if you can pull this miracle off, sure, bet you won't." sort of thing. Because now you have to see if a team with a vacancy would want to speak to Sullivan and take him on via trade and pay him 5.5m/yr. This is so ugly it's f***ing hilarious, FSG essentially negotiated with Sullivan directly and signed him to whatever he wanted and made it essentially impossible to get rid of him.

Fun fact: The 1 NHL Coach trade, the Rangers gave up a 1st in 1988, this is the draft Harkins Sr was drafted in, please be a good omen that the Pens can dump this clown of a coach to someone.
Michel Bergeron, what a clown.

The old goat is still on TV being an "analyst" :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad