Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Ride or die Pens

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
At least during the couple of dark seasons(the Penguins being trash/tanking is the most exaggerated era in modern hockey, it was two seasons) there were moments that were exciting. Watching the talent on this ice not compete is hard as a life long fan.

It's almost like this happened before, though. Stubborn coach, bad results... FIRE HIM ALREADY!!!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Fair argument re the Cups - but they also didn't hesitate to pitch a head coach with a very good record over the side.
Well, if you're operating under the premise that they pitched good coaches did those particular coaches win cups? I just think that buys you a lot of time. Not saying I agree with it, but also if you win B2B How much more of a leash does that buy you? I just think the circumstances aren't the same.

I know how dumb this sounds, but I'm in a offline group with someone that is related to a big time reporter and he said allegedly they are going to let Sullivan talk to other teams this summer.
That would be good news, getting assets for him would be a way to go. I'm sure he'll be in demand.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Crosby is 37 pretty much, Rust and Rakell are 7 years younger and they dont play with more urgency, energy or power out there, Rakell has to be less comfortable and actually use his body, its like Rakell and Rust think they have made it an half-arse it out there!
Rakell on his off wing with Sid just isn't a good fit. He's good on his strong side with Sid.

I know how dumb this sounds, but I'm in a offline group with someone that is related to a big time reporter and he said allegedly they are going to let Sullivan talk to other teams this summer.
Could have traded his stupid ass to New York when they desperately wanted him, now at 5.5m/yr he's the most over paid person on the Pens.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
and? They think they have such a commodity here…they may have to pay someone to take him off their hands lol..just fire him…if he’s as desirable as they think, they won’t be stuck with his extension…

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't mind if they don't know what they're doing. They hired Dubas to run the team so let him do his thing. As long as there's no directive to keep Sullivan.
I think it's simply ridiculous to say owning a hockey team is any different than owning any other sports franchise. As for Dubas, the jury is still out, but he's really not impressing at all. We'll see what this supposed press conference brings, but I don't hold out hope for anything useful.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
tenor.gif

Reactions: BusinessGoose

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I’ve been watching this team a very very long time. I can’t remember a player I simply despise watching as much I despise watching Ryan Graves. It’s just mistake after mistake after mistake. Can’t make simple in-zone passes let alone a breakout pass, can’t hit, bad gap control, doesn’t pick up assignments in the d zone or use his size to move people . His skating is pretty lousy too. No offensive instincts , fails to notice any open teammates routinely, his shot sucks for a trigger happy hooligan. Jack Johnson and second stint Rob Scuderi looked like perennial Norris trophy winners here in comparison.

Have I becomes unable to fairly critique this guy without bias, or is he truly as terrible as he seems?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I don't believe there is a mechanism in place to trade coaches anymore or for there to be compensation from a team hiring a coach still under contract like when the Sabres gave up a mid round pick for Bylsma.

But I would imagine that the Pens and Sullivan could mutually agree to terminate his contract. It would be easier to do this off-season because there is already a natural break, with his extension not kicking in until next season.

They could paint it all positive, too. Sullivan could say something other coaches have said, that there is a danger in being too comfortable or entrenched, and it's time for a different challenge.

Dubas could say that he has great admiration for Sullivan, but with the team in transition a different perspective is valuable.

So it's not the wildest idea.

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
I’ve been watching this team a very very long time. I can’t remember a player I simply despise watching as much I despise watching Ryan Graves. It’s just mistake after mistake after mistake. Can’t make simple in-zone passes let alone a breakout pass, can’t hit, bad gap control, doesn’t pick up assignments in the d zone or use his size to move people . His skating is pretty lousy too. No offensive instincts , fails to notice any open teammates routinely, his shot sucks for a trigger happy hooligan. Jack Johnson and second stint Rob Scuderi looked like perennial Norris trophy winners here in comparison.

Have I becomes unable to fairly critique this guy without bias, or is he truly as terrible as he seems?
Same here, i would rather have Lovejoy's worst season over Graves.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I’d be totally ok with Sullivan taking his skills to another team. He could be a slightly elevated Bylsma.
He would’ve been the perfect coach for the Isles a few years ago. I still think those playoff losses from those teams did a number on the entire organization that its never really recovered from. He keeps trying to turn our team into that team but instead if signing and playing guys like Cal Clutterbuck and Matt Martin, he plays guys like Matthew Phillips and Jansen Harkins lol. There is something that is very disconnected in his mind.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It is bizarre. Whether it’s ownership’s temerity or what, I don’t get it - we simply don’t operate like a normal organization now. It’s a far cry from the Shero/Rutherford years under Lemieux and Burke where it could be argued we were one of the best run.
It's weird to think about but man, Shero would have been miles more proactive with this squad and coach than current ownership and management. Hell, if you told me Dubas was going to be this passive in September, I would have called the rhetorical you a liar to your rhetorical face.

Just absolutely puzzling decisions all around by ownership, management, and coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad