Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs --- THIS IS IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Sheary and Pettersson have to yet to be on ice for a goal against.

Sheary leads all penguins in corsi
If you watched the games you would know that Sheary’s Corsi has piss all to do with him. He gives the puck up to the Canadiens 10-15 times a game and that’s being conservative. He stinks as a top 6 player. Some of you people really need to watch the hockey that this team is playing and stop looking at the stats pretending like you know what’s going on.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Do we want Pens to win this series anymore? They would face Caps or Bruins next round and I don't think Pens have a chance against either of those teams with the way they've been playing. At least if they lose now there's a chance to get the 1st pick.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Do we want Pens to win this series anymore? They would face Caps or Bruins next round and I don't think Pens have a chance against either of those teams with the way they've been playing. At least if they lose now there's a chance to get the 1st pick.
I'm fine with losing and it kills me to say that. Pens keep their first rounder and hope it forces Rutherford hand to make needed changes.

I appreciate all that Sullivands done but its really time to move on. This simplistic hockey has to go. I swear Ive never seen a team chase pucks down even when their in possession of it.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I'm fine with losing and it kills me to say that. Pens keep their first rounder and hope it forces Rutherford hand to make needed changes.

I appreciate all that Sullivands done but its really time to move on. This simplistic hockey has to go. I swear Ive never seen a team chase pucks down even when their in possession of it.
Yeah this is how I feel. Would Gallant work for us? He got a lot out of the Panthers and Vegas so I wonder what he could do with a couple superstars...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah this is how I feel. Would Gallant work for us? He got a lot out of the Panthers and Vegas so I wonder what he could do with a couple superstars...

Would be a great motivator, but would need a good assistant to ensure no systems breakdown. Not sure how that works with the constant battle to ensure responsibility without losing offence.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
As game 4 approaches I actually can't take any more of the extreme criticism of people who have no emotional restraint or capacity to use logic, and seem filled with hate/anger in every post. Stunned to see how many people are like this, on this board and social media. Why watch if you hate this team and its biggest players this much? I seriously don't understand.

I'm beginning to realize that the 87/71 era will end in Pittsburgh in a torrent of angry social media hate among a significant number of 'fans', instead of quiet realization/appreciation for (what will hopefully be) nearly two decades of incredible play and achievement. Maybe they'll even get a jeer or two to show em.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

If Sullivan were to be replaced, Gallant or Laviolette would be the only realistic available options. I really doubt this team would be responsive to a first-time NHL head coach, and they need a coach who isn't afraid to tell the stars "no" when they want something that isn't working for the team.

That said, with the pandemic going on I wonder if they'd be unwilling to fire Sullivan for financial reasons. There's a really good chance Sullivan wouldn't stay unemployed for very long, but I do wonder even if next season starts as planned the likelihood of limited to no fans in arenas that they would want to risk paying him not to coach and paying a new coach on top of that.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
As game 4 approaches I actually can't take any more of the extreme criticism of people who have no emotional restraint or capacity to use logic, and seem filled with hate/anger in every post. Stunned to see how many people are like this, on this board and social media. Why watch if you hate this team and its biggest players this much? I seriously don't understand.

I'm beginning to realize that the 87/71 era will end in Pittsburgh in a torrent of angry social media hate among a significant number of 'fans', instead of quiet realization/appreciation for (what will hopefully be) nearly two decades of incredible play and achievement. Maybe they'll even get a jeer or two to show em.

And yet, they will have AT THE VERY LEAST made 4 finals and won 3 Cups. Nobody else during that era has won that much. Hawks have 3 cups, but they did not make a 4th finals... and they are a bubble team. We have NEVER missed the playoffs since 2007.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I don't ever really *want* the Pens to lose, but at the same time I just feel like there are too many issues with this club and we'll end up just being frustrated by those same things next round, and ultimately lose to a team we actually hate.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Why do I get the feeling Johnson will be benched for today's game? Wouldn't be surprised though if the only lineup change we'll see is McCann for Lafferty.

It's entirely possible

I mean he benched him last playoffs in favor of a very hobbled Maata

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Definitely better to lose this series and hopefully see some meaningful changes than to face Boston or Washington in the next round as it will likely result in multiple injured Pens...

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Do you REALLY want to watch it?

If we lose, I am secluding myself from the world for at least a week. The Habs fans will be INSUFFERABLE!
tenor.gif

Reactions: ncm7772

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

Why would you be stunned, sports fans are an incredibly fickle bunch. Go to just about any PGT after a loss on any team forum and half the posters would be having a meltdown, in the playoffs this figure becomes even higher.

But yeah, I don't understand why the people who whine even after a win bother watching the respective team in the first.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Why would you be stunned, sports fans are an incredibly fickle bunch. Go to just about any PGT after a loss on any team forum and half the posters would be having a meltdown, in the playoffs this figure becomes even higher.

But yeah, I don't understand why the people who whine even after a win bother watching the respective team in the first.
I don’t understand why so many people waste time and energy lecturing others on how they are supposed to react and how their opinions are shit.

Why let it bother you? Let people have their internet meltdown and move on...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad