Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Ducks | Win | Flightless Ducks vs Flying Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
They were mostly excellent. Zucker was about to have SUCH a great game, but unfortunately marred it with some really bad passes in the third to screw major chances and cause odd-man rush scares. And ultimately the situation where they got scored on, where he also failed to get the clear (comical D-men actions afterward notwithstanding).

Geno was great. Rakell good, but apart from turning up in the points in a big way, not nearly as visible. I still think Rust will work fine on that line too with G and Zucker in form, and we know that the 1st is better with Rakell.... no matter what nonsense Mears will blubber during a game. Man... when he started going on about how it was so weird L1 wasn't producing right now, I wanted to be right next to him with a nail gun.

I thought Carter looked really good ES in period 2 and 3. Really bad in the first and on the PK. Blueger... so disappoint. DOC.... all the effort and athleticism... but does he have the hands and hockey IQ to be more than a useful 4th liner? Not sure. But I would like to see him on a line where all the guys are fast and physical. Maybe DOC Poehling Archie could be a thing. They'd have a pulse for sure.

On a related note.... A team suffering for offense like ours should not have a version of Kapanen playing well down on the 4th like this.

We really need some good D-men back soon. It might end up a boon for us when it matters that we have gotten a real opportunity to see Smith, but it is apparent how little our D can actually support offense. Should say that Dumo looks improved lately. Even if he is also helped as much as Smith by the fact he isn't thrown out there for the D-zone faceoffs all the time at ES.
Love the take on Zucker and Rakell. Did not dare to point how zucker is screwing up pass after pass in 2nd and third, but he gets the pass cause he oozed energy, that’s what you get from him which is good enough

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That was not a mistake by Zegras at all. A literal tap in for Fowler. Fowler just wasn't expecting it for...reasons?

I'd be pissed if a Pens player made that play and the guy on the receiving end didn't finish it
It was a bad pass. Not a simple tap in.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ruh's defensive technique is laying on the ice with his head down, holy hell I can't believe this is the penguins team I get to watch.
Celebrating this win, in ot no less, like it was a first round playoff win.... the ducks.... THE DUCKS.... a -80 goal differential ducks team... yesh.
Man I hate this team.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Love the take on Zucker and Rakell. Did not dare to point how zucker is screwing up pass after pass in 2nd and third, but he gets the pass cause he oozed energy, that’s what you get from him which is good enough
That'd be great if he wasn't used on a line that needs that skill.

Sully is over the moon lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Regardless of how we won. We won.

I don’t care how we do it but if we make the playoffs and play the Bruins, there is a small chance we avenge 2013.
Beating the Bruins would be almost as good as another Stanley Cup just to see all the smug media and fans around them have to eat some shit.

And also to avenge 2013 yeah

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'll say this as someone who has been regularly bashing him:

thought Carter looked better on wing and had a fairly good game. I know he f***ed up some chances and made one really dumb drop pass, but it was the most visible he's looked offensively in a while. He nearly scored, had a few good looks. I liked what I saw from him on wing.

Keep him there imo.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ruh's defensive technique is laying on the ice with his head down, holy hell I can't believe this is the penguins team I get to watch.
Celebrating this win, in ot no less, like it was a first round playoff win.... the ducks.... THE DUCKS.... a -80 goal differential ducks team... yesh.
Man I hate this team.

Dallas Eakins said this was the best road game the Ducks played all season…lol…tells you all you need to know about the Pens

Reactions: LOGiK

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Everyone blaming Ruh on this goal...
At least he's eliminating the backdoor in case Malkin would fail to cover it. Serving a purpose.

Joseph should have had Zegras.

Last edited:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Dallas Eakins said this was the best road game the Ducks played all season…lol…tells you all you need to know about the Pens

Imagine how bad you have to be, or how much of a moron the coach has to be (I think in this case it is a 2 for 1, gents), to consider a game in which you get outshot 43-26 and HD outchanced 23-10 to be your best away game of the year.

It was ridiculous that we didn't win by a lopsided score.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
View attachment 636610
Everyone blaming Ruh on this goal...
At least he's eliminating the backdoor in case Malkin would fail to cover it. Serving a purpose.

What is Zucker doing? We have them outnumbered 5 to 3 and he's just gliding and puck watching, instead of taking a man. Had way more than enough time to get in that passing lane.
Absolute garbage defending.

Not that you are wrong on Zucker, who was also the reason the play went back into our zone prior to the clip, but Ruh covering for an eventuality that didn't happen, and as a consequence doing nothing but imitating a starfish, that does not exculpate. Same as POJ getting his stick caught up with the Anaheim forward doesn't make his twirl any less embarrassing :D .

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Not that you are wrong on Zucker, who was also the reason the play went back into our zone prior to the clip, but Ruh covering for an eventuality that didn't happen, and as a consequence doing nothing but imitating a starfish, that does not exculpate. Same as POJ getting his stick caught up with the Anaheim forward doesn't make his twirl any less embarrassing :D .
Well he's afraid that if he gets up they get a slam dunk chance, so I at least understand his thought process.

I changed my mind on Zucker btw. There's a point man off-camera that he's in the lane of. You can see him turn his head and notice him early in the clip.
This goal's on Joseph for not taking Zegras. Rakell could have helped as well.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
They call it the "r" word now, and you can't say it, but Drew O'Connor's game has extra chromosomes. Eric Tangradi was better. Like seriously, holy f***.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ruhwedal sucks now because he's been our 7th Dman riding the nachos for almost 100 years. Now hes older and slower.

This staff is so ****** stupid that they can't realize carrying the same #7 for that long is counterproductive.
Ruhwedel hasn't been that good for a couple of seasons now. The difference is he'd at least string together a couple of good games and buy more time. But his lack of hockey IQ is finally the main focal point and he can't hide from it.

There was that one playoffs where he was with Petts and he kept throwing these stupid passes to him when he had double coverage and he'd make these awful outlet passes. But everyone wanted to focus on Petts and his mistakes over Ruhwedel. I've been waiting for 3yrs for everyone else to dislike this bald walnut.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ruhwedel hasn't been that good for a couple of seasons now. The difference is he'd at least string together a couple of good games and buy more time. But his lack of hockey IQ is finally the main focal point and he can't hide from it.

There was that one playoffs where he was with Petts and he kept throwing these stupid passes to him when he had double coverage and he'd make these awful outlet passes. But everyone wanted to focus on Petts and his mistakes over Ruhwedel. I've been waiting for 3yrs for everyone else to dislike this bald walnut.

That’s my biggest issue with Ruhwedel. He pinches way too much and his defensive exit is throw the puck up the boards.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
They call it the "r" word now, and you can't say it, but Drew O'Connor's game has extra chromosomes. Eric Tangradi was better. Like seriously, holy f***.
Teddy avoiding contact makes his game very unpredictable for his linemates. He doesn’t take the usual lanes and routes and will duck right out of any player congestion if there’s potential for someone with speed to come crashing in. He outright gives up on loose pucks if there’s going to be a race near the boards. No one is going to look good playing on his line.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad