Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

taylor-armstrong-cat-yelling-meme.jpg

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

It had to be an injury. No way does Friedman get in the lineup over Rutta by coach's choice.

When all our D-men are healthy (as if that'll ever happen), Smith needs to stay in the lineup (as if that'll ever happen), POJ needs to eat some buffet if they're too scared to send him to the AHL, and Ruh needs to be abandoned in the middle of Kansas somewhere.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ruh is super bad this year. I'm questioning whether the next in line at Wilkes is a better choice right now.

It had to be an injury. No way does Friedman get in the lineup over Rutta by coach's choice.

When all our D-men are healthy (as if that'll ever happen), Smith needs to stay in the lineup (as if that'll ever happen), POJ needs to eat some buffet if they're too scared to send him to the AHL, and Ruh needs to be abandoned in the middle of Kansas somewhere.
I was hoping it was illness like Petts. Day to day injury is longer here historically.

Reactions: Darren McCord

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It’s so obvious the Ducks tanked deliberately the end…they woke up and they realized they were getting no where closer to Bedard by winning this matchup and handed it to us…Sid played like he knew the tank was in the bag…lol

Bedard and Zegras would be a hell of a rebuild.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Ruhwedel is bad and Friedman is just not good as well. They are bodies and with RD wiped out what else can the Pens do. Needed points is good but hard to see this team as constructed as a playoff team. My hope is Sully and Hextall are gone if they miss.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
L2 11:1 in HDCF, pretty good night

They were mostly excellent. Zucker was about to have SUCH a great game, but unfortunately marred it with some really bad passes in the third to screw major chances and cause odd-man rush scares. And ultimately the situation where they got scored on, where he also failed to get the clear (comical D-men actions afterward notwithstanding).

Geno was great. Rakell good, but apart from turning up in the points in a big way, not nearly as visible. I still think Rust will work fine on that line too with G and Zucker in form, and we know that the 1st is better with Rakell.... no matter what nonsense Mears will blubber during a game. Man... when he started going on about how it was so weird L1 wasn't producing right now, I wanted to be right next to him with a nail gun.

I thought Carter looked really good ES in period 2 and 3. Really bad in the first and on the PK. Blueger... so disappoint. DOC.... all the effort and athleticism... but does he have the hands and hockey IQ to be more than a useful 4th liner? Not sure. But I would like to see him on a line where all the guys are fast and physical. Maybe DOC Poehling Archie could be a thing. They'd have a pulse for sure.

On a related note.... A team suffering for offense like ours should not have a version of Kapanen playing well down on the 4th like this.

We really need some good D-men back soon. It might end up a boon for us when it matters that we have gotten a real opportunity to see Smith, but it is apparent how little our D can actually support offense. Should say that Dumo looks improved lately. Even if he is also helped as much as Smith by the fact he isn't thrown out there for the D-zone faceoffs all the time at ES.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Sid was unbelievably bad that game.

Malkin was quite good.

I got nothing else
Ya that was one of the worst games I've seen him play. Over passing, coasting off on line changes. The last few have been bad, wonder if it's sick or hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad