Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps | win | We won, but what did it cost us?

Who do we hate more?

• Ovy

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Wilson

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Sheary

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Anne Hathaway

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Laviolette

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
point taken, but he is way more dangerous, even if he does not score there are rebounds, pressure, etc...he was a beast tonight

He was all over the ice tonight and the stats certainly back that up.

I wish he could have done more with his opportunities. He wasn't getting off the strongest shots. But he was getting great looks and was visible in the corners.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you just look at Rakell's stats on the year, I think you might be a bit underwhelmed with how he has done here. But on the flip side, he's really bringing a clear benefit away from scoring to whatever line he's on and he's still on pace for about 45-50 points. I would have hoped for a bit more, but I can't really complain about that at all.

He's providing a Saad like impact to whatever line he's on, I can't be mad about that.

The issue with Ty Smith is if we activate Blueger and nobody else goes on IR he can’t get called up.

They'll probably send down Poulin and call up Smith.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
another of mine whipping boys..JC with a really good showing, his line thread the water in the first and initiate that push back after those disastrous first 8-9 minutes

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
--- injuries, it's definitely the regular season
+++ it's always satisfying to beat the caps *and* keep Ovenchicken off the board. They're not a great team either this season, so that's extra satisfying in its own way.
++++ gutting it out down to three d
++++ some recent (and deserved) whipping boys saying "enough."
++++ zucker

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If you just look at Rakell's stats on the year, I think you might be a bit underwhelmed with how he has done here. But on the flip side, he's really bringing a clear benefit away from scoring to whatever line he's on and he's still on pace for about 45-50 points. I would have hoped for a bit more, but I can't really complain about that at all.

He's providing a Saad like impact to whatever line he's on, I can't be mad about that.

They'll probably send down Poulin and call up Smith.

Poulin and Hallander have to be sent down as soon as Blueger is back.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Now THAT….was a great game. From the mid first onward, anyway. Tenacity, jump, finally seemed like the puck was finally hitting the right sticks, and guys were making the smart plays. That second period PK, with the shorty was a thing of beauty. Followed up by Geno going three on one into the corner, like a man possessed, right before Perry’s goal. Pure will combined with smarts. Just beautiful to watch.

You had a good feeling when we broke the deadlock with that greasy, grimy, filthy goal from Zuck. Like, maybe we were finally going to get some puck luck.
The Caps certainly looked like a team missing Carlson, Backstrom, Wilson, and Oshie.

That said I liked the way the team was backchecking today. Much smarter brand of hockey.

Now let's see a few more efforts like this

judge-judy-i-dont-care.gif

In all seriousness, after all the bodies we’ve lost over the past decade, it’s great. Let someone else suffer and let us take advantage. All the better that it’s the craps

I get what you’re saying though. Let’s not get carried away. They were short plenty of talent and this isn’t the right barometer for this team being out of their funk. Like you said, build on this, and let’s string together a few more games like tonight.

Im guessing the room is pretty fired up after that one. Hope they put the past 7 games in the bin and think it’s a new day.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I was wondering why POJ and Rutta's ice time was so low. Even Sully wouldn't play two defensemen under 10 minutes in a game unless forced to.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Wow. That org went hard at letting Ovechkin become nothing but a marketing gimmick huh? They put the guy out with 10 seconds left in the game for a powerplay when they’re down 3 goals. Guy wasn’t involved in the play at all tonight except for late/high hits and being set up for his man advantage one-timers. He literally stands at the blueline waiting for his team to get the puck back and make it back into the offensive zone.

It’s f***ing embarrassing for the game.
They exist now to serve him and him ambitions. Not about winning anything, just about getting him his numbers. Hopefully they circle the drain fast, and he’s reduced to feeding of scraps while they toil in non-playoff mediocrity for years.

You could make the same argument about us with the big 3, but I think we’ve got far more tread left on those tires if we play it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad