Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps | win | We won, but what did it cost us?

Who do we hate more?

• Ovy

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Wilson

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Sheary

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Anne Hathaway

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Laviolette

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
:caps ☠️
1668049928435.png

Reactions: Zirakzigil

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I guess its OK, Caps may be the worst team they played so far, but win is the win, still don't like our game for the most part.
CDS was good
Rutta had a good game this could be big loss
Petry best game since the first two
Letang another awful game, he could not get the puck out of our zone, a dozen or more bad passes
L2 was good, very good, spent most of the time in their zone with Rakell with another great game, positionally, forecheck,
L1 got caved in way too much, Rust is now approaching that level that he actively is hurting team
L3 kept us in the game in the first and McGinn especially
Hallander did not play much but he could be our new Kuhnackl...

Still fire Sully for that attrocious PP, it actively is killing any momentum

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess its OK, Caps may be the worst team they played so far, but win is the win, still don't like our game for the most part.
CDS was good
Rutta had a good game this could be big loss
Petry best game since the first two
Letang another awful game, he could not get the puck out of our zone, a dozen or more bad passes
L2 was good, very good, spent most of the time in their zone with Rakell with another great game, positionally, forecheck,
L1 got caved in way too much, Rust is now approaching that level that he actively is hurting team
L3 kept us in the game in the first and McGinn especially
Hallander did not play much but he could be our new Kuhnackl...

Still fire Sully for that attrocious PP, it actively is killing any momentum
I like a lot about Rakell as a player but he’s like a better Dom Simon…lol…man, does his finishing suck…

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Wow. That org went hard at letting Ovechkin become nothing but a marketing gimmick huh? They put the guy out with 10 seconds left in the game for a powerplay when they’re down 3 goals. Guy wasn’t involved in the play at all tonight except for late/high hits and being set up for his man advantage one-timers. He literally stands at the blueline waiting for his team to get the puck back and make it back into the offensive zone.

It’s f***ing embarrassing for the game.

I saw Ovechkin hold up several times on hits, expecially on Letang and Guentzal. Letang hit he cut his speed to like 1/3 and only bumped him

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Pretty balanced showing from the forward group as a whole. Sid, Carter, Rakell, McGinn and Genos line all looked good enough.

I thought Hallander was bigger, but I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him. I also like what Poehling has brought for most of the season. Lots of choices down the middle once Blueger is healthy

Letang looked better away from Dumo, Petterson continues to be solid

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rutta and POJ.

Petry also got hurt but came back and did finish the game, so I fully expect he will be on LTIR tomorrow.

Jeff Carter took a shift on d when Petry was hurt. And did well at it lol

Sucks to hear about that but it's hilarious Carter played defense.

I'm hoping Rutta is healthy but I'm mostly indifferent on POJ. I'm fine to call up Smith for a couple of games if POJ's hurt for a bit.

Reactions: Victor Z

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well we’re going to find out how much this win was based on the Caps sucking when we play our b2b this weekend …

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sucks to hear about that but it's hilarious Carter played defense.

I'm hoping Rutta is healthy but I'm mostly indifferent on POJ. I'm fine to call up Smith for a couple of games if POJ's hurt for a bit.
Carter honestly had his best game of the season imo. Was skating well and making good decisions with the puck. And was actually battling.
They blew leads in almost every loss. They were capable of winning any and all of those as well. Maybe they'll figure out it's a 60 minute game.
One can hope. They're not good enough to get by without doing that. Not the way the powerplay looks.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I like a lot about Rakell as a player but he’s like a better Dom Simon…lol…man, does his finishing suck…
point taken, but he is way more dangerous, even if he does not score there are rebounds, pressure, etc...he was a beast tonight

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad