Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps | win | Geno redemption goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Raves about Chad unconditionally and about the guy who had the game winner, said: “He does some things out there, especially on the offensive side of the puck, that most players can't do. He also has moments without the puck where we'd like him to buy into the team concept, so to speak.”
I'll take that over

"we all are proud of each other and care about each others feelings, and are just so disappointed we shit the bed yet again."

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I just watched some of the highlights. Malkin’s goal was f***ing awesome.

Mantha has gotta be one of the worst supposedly good players in the league. That dude is a 6 foot 5 pile of crap.
Didn't Mantha cost like a first and another high pick plus Vrana? That is GMJR style overpay plus GMRH poor evaluation.

Reactions: Zbynek

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
seems he would rather lose playing his way than winning when a player takes things into his own hands. :laugh:
He has the grinder, curtain jerker mentality where you can be a lesser player but if you play hard that's what gets his attention. Pure skill and talent isn't all that important to him, cuz he as a player paled miserably in that aspect of things. So he always has a special place in his heart for the low level, ham and egg or curtain jerkers of the world. That's something about him I've never liked.

Didn't Mantha cost like a first and another high pick plus Vrana? That is GMJR style overpay plus GMRH poor evaluation.
I'll say this, Ray Shero extracted the best value out of any GM we ever had. Granted Craig Patrick did well in the early 90s, especially in the Francis and ulf Samuelson trade, but my favorite was the Larry Murphy deal, incredible value he extracted! Ofcourse the Naslund trade was a disaster.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I have a feeling it will be like the last year of Mike Johnston. Make the playoffs by one point, start of next year awful, fire coach, and go on run for 4th and final cup.

I don't think anyone is going on a run with the current roster... too many passengers...

Granlund should not even be in the league at 5 million a year. He's not good at anything... (just as anyone can see with analytics over a few years) and his supposedly incredible passing/play-making was shit last night.

As constructed this Roster gets stomped in Playoffs... Sullivan's throwback to 2016 system or not.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Raves about Chad unconditionally and about the guy who had the game winner, said: “He does some things out there, especially on the offensive side of the puck, that most players can't do. He also has moments without the puck where we'd like him to buy into the team concept, so to speak.”
The more Sullivan opens his mouth, the more I loath the guy.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1679872237817.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gutsy win at the end. Geno redeemed himself. Nice work boys.

bingo-geno.gif
Geno will always be the most disrespected legend on this board and I'm glad I'm not part of that bs at all. 75pts in 73 games with Rust as his RW is more epic at his age than anything Sid has put up riding the fortunate duo of Rakell and Guentzel.

Man, if we had a different coach... Doc - McCann/Poeling - Kap/Rakell/Rust.....

That would have been miles better....

Our asset management should have been better for Crosby Malkin
A bunch of those likely don't happen with a new coach so hard to say what we have. If Sully was fired after the Habs shit show, so much would be different with names you listed likely not even around or an option anymore.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Speaking of another misused player lol, DOC has a .83 goals/60 rate at 5v5, which is top 6 production scoring, and DOC is doing it from the 3rd and 4th lines…. DOC has put up that rate in 369 5v5 minutes…he got like 8 min last night…he’s young and could probably play another 8 min…while Zucker is injured and laboring, why not have him alternate shifts w DOC and DOC can take his regular fourth line shift, just double shift him…his scoring rate could pop a little more if he got more ice time in the top 6

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Speaking of another misused player lol, DOC has a .83 goals/60 rate at 5v5, which is top 6 production scoring, and DOC is doing it from the 3rd and 4th lines…. DOC has put up that rate in 369 5v5 minutes…he got like 8 min last night…he’s young and could probably play another 8 min…while Zucker is injured and laboring, why not have him alternate shifts w DOC and DOC can take his regular fourth line shift, just double shift him…his scoring rate could pop a little more if he got more ice time in the top 6
I don't know. Since March 7 (last 11 games), he's gotten a lot of games with over 10 minutes and has one assist. I think his overall game has improved, and he looks more like he belongs out there lately. But I'm not sure he's ever going to be a consistent 15-goal scorer.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
DeSmith, that was probably the best game of your life. Even at the end there he stopped 2 really good chances. At this point ride the hot (er only healthy) goalie Jarry shouldn't sniff action until CDS struggles.

So happy we won this, but I have to say that this was a classic caps vs pens game. Caps are alot better then their record as they just recently got Carlsson and Wilson back really.

The only thing wrong with this game is it gave me a tiny sliver of hope that we could not only make the playoffs but play well once we are there.
Crosby is 35 and playing like this, I hope we don't waste the fact that our aging generational talent centers are playing well, and are healthy. My head just might explode if we get to the playoffs play lights out and lose only because of goal tending, again....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know. Since March 7 (last 11 games), he's gotten a lot of games with over 10 minutes and has one assist. I think his overall game has improved, and he looks more like he belongs out there lately. But I'm not sure he's ever going to be a consistent 15-goal scorer.
Maybe not but he’s all we got lol…and basically he’s being used by Sullivan to prop up the rotting corpse of Jeff Carter regardless of what line he’s been on…give him a shot with some skilled players who get more O zone time and let’s see what we have…

Reactions: Al Smith

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The fact that Sully keeps putting Heinen above him is hilariously stupid and peak Sullivan just not wanting to give a lad a leg up for playing well. But a struggling veteran can appear on Malkin's wing to start a game.

Oh the blunders never crease with this dipshit coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad