Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps: The big dog gets 1000!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
++++++++++ Geno: 1000!!!!! What else do you need to say? The big dog deserves it. He deserves his own spot in this thread. Congratulations, G. We ****ing love you.

+++ Sid/Jake/McCann: This line is just going. McCann is the energy and Sid/Jake are just insane. I have nothing but positives. McCann turned the game around in the 2nd and gave us a chance. Mad props to that line.

+++ Horny: I'm a mark but he was the start of the energy. 2-3 shifts in a row where he was hitting anything and everything. Good energy game. Props to Simon/Bjugs, too.

+++ Muz: Really bad goal #2, but awesome the rest of the game. I'll give the big guy some love. GOal #2 was bad.

Man oh man.. Just nothing but positives to say. Resilient group. Really came through. That was a game they could have walked away from and they never did. They grinded through and made it work. What a battle.
Dafuq Schultz 2 primary assists and a saved goal doesn't get a + ???

Let's go Cole

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
YES YES f***ING YES!

Was so ready to rage quit that game then bang - great flurry of goals.

Murray will get a lot of flak for that soft one but a lot of great saves. And we could have put a bunch on Holtby too. I think this team need to be more selfish on the 2 on 1s.

My only criticism is that there were a lot of guys trying to be clever in their clearances and just giving it away in really dangerous positions. On another night we pay hard for that.

But everything else was spot on - heart and execution. And fantastic to see Geno get point 1k.

Finally - congrats to Ovie on his 1200th.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That Hornqvist EN miss doe...

LMFAO!!! that was hilarious.

The fact they are laughing uncontrollably on the bench is the icing..

421xY7C.gif

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Congrats on my favorite current Penguin reaching 1000. Good on you Geno. Hopefully use this a milestone to pull your head out of your ass going into the post season.

And Guds looks like a sneaky pick up more and more. I like his simply but responsible game the past few games and It was also great to see a truck of a human standing up to Wilson.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If they break up the top line, Sully should be immediately fired.

I actually see things crystallizing right now.

L1 is set. McCann isn't leaving unless he plays himself off.
L3 works.

We don't have a LW for L2. It's not ZAR. It's not Teddy. I think it's going to have to be Rust.

I'll be optimistic and assume Phil will realize preseason is over by the time the playoffs start. And, I think Geno pretty much is there aside from a little unwillingness to shoot. You stick a healthy Rust there, and it's not perfect, but I've seen that line work before in big games.

You also then have options for L4.

BTW, what's the status on Rust? Will he be alive by the time the playoffs come?

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
We’re getting into playoff mode lately beating two good teams in the East.

I like what I’m seeing right now, just keep racking the wins!

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
+++++JARED “two goals in two different ways”’MCCANN

+++++GENO “Mr. I am score 1000 times” MALKIN

Didn’t get to watch anything other than the last two minutes, but what a win against a true contender on a hot streak. Back to back games of beating teams who no one thought we could beat, including some Pens fans and we did it in style.

Wonder what else it’ll take for all the naysayers to believe in our roster?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Great game by Line 1 to bail out Murray. I thought he made some big saves after to win us the game.

Gudbranson played a big role. Seems like another good pickup by Rutherford.

The defense has been so much better since it has gone to a passive pinch. This team is so much better with structure.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
liked last 30 minutes, Murray is our staple...
we have first and third line almost there(bjugs had ...need to fix second line...

however when they start skating they can play with anyone...

drives me nuts how we don't account for that weak side winger who beats us up everytime and can skate untouched all the way to our goalie...it happened last year, in play offs and it happened tonight,
they must fix that

Reactions: Son Goku and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad