Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Caps: The big dog gets 1000!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Excellent win. Beating the B's and Caps, plus Jackets in 3 of our last 4 are huge momentum builders heading into the playoffs. Get Letang back, get Kessel going, and this team will be dangerous

Reactions: ncm7772

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Grats to Geno... 1000th!
Phil for getting a hot dog!
Jake!
Sid getting 2 goals...
McCann can score on empty nets...
Murray for holding on..

x932eHE.gif

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
We need points, il take them however we can get them

But i thought the Caps dominated the majority of the game.

Nothing wrong with getting outplayed either, we were missing 20% of our lineup.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
In the category of "stats that make no sense", Gudbranson was again 1st among Penguins players in CF%Rel tonight. I have no clue how this keeps happening :laugh:

and he's not even doing anything out there for the most part....which is good.

Still not a fan of his lack of quick cut skating ability and would sit him once everyone is healthy.

but he's been solid so far

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What a game. Are we the best team in the league/east? Probably not. But we have a legit chance against anybody in this league.

+ McCann
+ Sid
+ Jake

+3rd line
+ Geno with 1000.

+ The team bailing out Murray and Murray bouncing back after what could have easily been a goal that stays in his head all night. That's the guy that won us two Cups. He had some stinkers along the way in both of those runs too, but it never seemed to snowball beyond the one goal. That's the guy we need.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huge win and not just because it’s the hated Caps...MTL and CLB are winning...we could have been pushed down to WC2 or out tonight...great win! Wasn’t looking good for half the game but some weird switch was flipped....I’ll take it

Congrats to G! So excited for him...hopefully this frees him up to shoot more...

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Pens beat a couple very good team in a row. Getting hot at the right time with players coming back from injury, I wouldn't want to draw this team in the playoffs.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Gigantic win. Have the tie breaker, got confidence against the Caps, four-point swing to put the Metro championship in play. Get Letang, Rust, and Maatta back and let’s go.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Huge win and not just because it’s the hated Caps...MTL and CLB are winning...we could have been pushed down to WC2 or out tonight...great win! Wasn’t looking good for half the game but some weird switch was flipped....I’ll take it

Congrats to G! So excited for him...hopefully this frees him up to shoot more...
I wouldn't say half the game. We started well, then had a rough 5-10 minutes to end the first.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
We need points, il take them however we can get them

But i thought the Caps dominated the majority of the game.

Nothing wrong with getting outplayed either, we were missing 20% of our lineup.
And the Caps hit 3 or 4 posts. Incredibly lucky. Reminded me of the 2017 series in many ways.

Reactions: Peat

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
++++ Geno hitting 1k: We have been blessed with 2 incredible players and we may never see better players than those 2 on our team, just enjoy every moment

+++ McCann: I can't describe how pleasently suprised I am with his play. Plays a complete 200ft game and does everything we could have hoped for.

++ Jake/Sid line once again, what an incredible year for those 2. Also love the addition of #19 to that line.

+Murray tough goal early on but showed once again that he is able to bounce back in those type of situations

HM: Sid being a class act congratulating Ovi on 1200, couldnt wish for a better person to represent my favorite hockey team

Almost 3am so I am going to bed, have a great one guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad