We lost because:

• Kap sucks and our PK let us down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Colorado had a lengthy winning streak snapped by the Coyotes tonight.

Strange things happen in the NHL.
While that's somewhat a surprise, at some point it was gonna happen. There's a difference though between losing one game you should win and losing four in a row to teams lower in the standings all of which you lost to at home. At least we got the loser points in three of those games. Still, losing four in a row is pretty underwhelming.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
“Honey what’s wrong? You barely touched your Hungry-Man Double Meat Bowl”

“I am mad and disgusted!”

“Oh no! Did something happen at work? Did your boss call you The Poop Man in front of everyone again?”

“No it’s not that, I was watching strangers play hockey and the team I was rooting for didn’t win :(

“Playoff game?”

“No, regulation OT loss”

“I am leaving you for your friend dogthateats. We have been having a passionate love affair”

“Malkin is a blackhole at regular strength, he only have 13 points in 12 games this year”

Le
upload_2022-2-2_9-38-27.jpeg

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Well frankly I do care as goaltending is an integral part to a teams success.

Giving up 11 goals in the past three games might not be ''shitting'' the bed exactly, but it's not much better.
You don't really think Jarry was the reason we lost tonight, do you? He wasn't great, maybe not even good, but got us into OT and certainly wasn't to blame for Orlov's winner. Maybe Sprong's goal was a bit wanting, but hell, what happened to Ruh on that play? There was actually a lot of "good" in the Pens game tonight, certainly compared to our past three laconic performances. Pens/Caps games often goes like this. "Deserve" to win is meaningless.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm a bit confused about why Ruh was in covid protocol in the morning and then was back on the ice a few hours later, but who knows what the actual covid protocol is these days.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just think as the core gets older, we've needed to keep up to date on surrounding them with the absolute best talent we can. Sid plays with two great RS talents, and his line looks great in the RS because of it. Geno doesn't have the same supporting cast on his wings and because of cap constraints and lack of assets, we can't give him anything approaching that.

Doesn't help that the last GM liked to spend exceptional prices for unexceptional players--*ahem*Kap, Zucker, Brassard*ahem*.

This team has two (2) real top-6 wingers and a slew of 3rd/4th liners of varying degrees. Of course one of the two top centers is gonna get the short end, and we all know it's not gonna be the good ol' Canadian boy.

It's why I don't think this team's had a shot at doing anything significant in the playoffs for the past several years, and moving forward. I don't care about a 10-game win streak in January. This team's never had trouble being a RS powerhouse. The game changes in the playoffs and we don't have the supporting cast to pick up the inevitable slack when Sid and Geno get shadowed, or when Jake's mauled into non-existence, or Rust goes back to doing whatever, etc. There's no second or third wave of offensive potential to any meaningful degree. There's no Phil waiting to cause matchup nightmares, or make teams second guess their over-simplified game plan against the Penguins. (Note; I'm not advocating getting Phil back. Phil Kessel's trash nowadays, but the aspect Phil brought was never outright replaced and we've suffered for it.)

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Wake the f*** up, Hextall. Do something. Playing musical chairs with the bottom six didn’t do anything, especially when you brought in even crappier chairs.

200.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I said several times earlier this year that it was foolish to expect Jarry to maintain a .930 save percentage. Now he's slipped a bit and it's exposing some deeper issues with the whole team's defensive capabilities.

Also...it doesn't help that secondary scoring has seemingly vanished lately. I think Blueger being in the lineup is a really significant key to keeping the gears turning on offense.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Also...it doesn't help that secondary scoring has seemingly vanished lately. I think Blueger being in the lineup is a really significant key to keeping the gears turning on offense.
I think you are greatly overvaluing Blueger’s contribution to offense. He plays like 13 mins a game and has scored 8 goals this season. I don’t think you can blame our lack of scoring on our fourth line center not playing. Simon and ZAR were dog shit before Teddy went down.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Well, we played 5 games in 7 days. I am disappointed that we lost this one (and couldn't be bothered to score an even-strength goal) but not surprised.

The rest of February has much easier scheduling. Only one back-to-back and otherwise plenty of days off between games. If they play like shit this month, I'll be worried. They can have one bad game.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I just think as the core gets older, we've needed to keep up to date on surrounding them with the absolute best talent we can. Sid plays with two great RS talents, and his line looks great in the RS because of it. Geno doesn't have the same supporting cast on his wings and because of cap constraints and lack of assets, we can't give him anything approaching that.

Doesn't help that the last GM liked to spend exceptional prices for unexceptional players--*ahem*Kap, Zucker, Brassard*ahem*.

This team has two (2) real top-6 wingers and a slew of 3rd/4th liners of varying degrees. Of course one of the two top centers is gonna get the short end, and we all know it's not gonna be the good ol' Canadian boy.

It's why I don't think this team's had a shot at doing anything significant in the playoffs for the past several years, and moving forward. I don't care about a 10-game win streak in January. This team's never had trouble being a RS powerhouse. The game changes in the playoffs and we don't have the supporting cast to pick up the inevitable slack when Sid and Geno get shadowed, or when Jake's mauled into non-existence, or Rust goes back to doing whatever, etc. There's no second or third wave of offensive potential to any meaningful degree. There's no Phil waiting to cause matchup nightmares, or make teams second guess their over-simplified game plan against the Penguins. (Note; I'm not advocating getting Phil back. Phil Kessel's trash nowadays, but the aspect Phil brought was never outright replaced and we've suffered for it.)

Imagine taking time out of your own life to type up all these excuses for the highest paid player on the team at 8+ million dollars.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I think you are greatly overvaluing Blueger’s contribution to offense. He plays like 13 mins a game and has scored 8 goals this season. I don’t think you can blame our lack of scoring on our fourth line center not playing. Simon and ZAR were dog shit before Teddy went down.

The idea is if Blueger, Heinen, Zucker, could all kick in around 15-20 goals each that provides scoring depth. ZAR, Boyle, and Simon might be lucky to score 15 combined. That absolutely effects scoring depth.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well, we played 5 games in 7 days. I am disappointed that we lost this one (and couldn't be bothered to score an even-strength goal) but not surprised.

The rest of February has much easier scheduling. Only one back-to-back and otherwise plenty of days off between games. If they play like shit this month, I'll be worried. They can have one bad game.
I look forward to the next homer excuse when you can’t blame losses on the amount of games played. These world class athletes are tired, I tell ya! Bob Errey said so!

One bad game? We just lost 4 straight…

Last edited:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Clearly Blueger is actually our MVP and we can't win without him. ;)

Kidding aside, it was one of those games where every other mistake you make ends up in your net. Mind you, those mistakes were pretty bad but Jarry wasn't at his best and we paid the price. No line has scored apart from line 1 in the last four games and even line 1 has two goals, I believe, despite creating a gazillion chances. We need to put someone who can create chances on Geno's line because clearly his shot is just fine but he doesn't have the speed to beat people one-on-one anymore, so with players like Kapanen and McGinn he hardly ever is in a good position to shoot.
Apparently we had beaten the Caps in the previous 9 OTs in the regular season, so it was time for the other shoe to drop. I am not too bothered, if we play like that the EV goals will come and the PP is on fire but I wish Sullivan would not be so in love with GCR, At least play one of those three with Geno for the occasional shift, what's the worst that could happen? And Sid seems to be feeling the pressure of scoring the 500th goal because he has missed a lot of chances despite playing so well overall. Let's see what happens once we get a bit of rest, if we keep making these stupid errors and score only PP, then I would be worried. For now, this slump is a nuisance only.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
"Holy shit Malkin sucks!"
"He's over a PPG"
"It's only on the power play when he has talent to lean on! He needs to score more at ES!!"
"He has no linemates at ES, why don't we give him Jake or Rust to work with?"
"And break up line 1! **** off!"

aaaaand scene. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
bravo.gif

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
In the last bunch of games, outside of PP1 unit, Pens played really losy. And it's primarily on the three top stars. They aren't getting it done. They can't blame the lack of secondary scoring or expect them to pull the team if they themselves aren't doing their own jobs as stars. They were inefficient offensively and lazy/careless defensively. Malkin, Letang and Crosby (in descending order) have to have a lot of long hard looks in the mirror over the course of their off week. In case they still care, of course (which I'm not entirely sure they do).

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
We had our chances, dominated shots in the 2nd, great goal review too. For whatever reason we just couldn’t bury the Caps and they kept on lurking. Jarry with a solid effort tonight. This Ot loss hurts.

32kVKn.gif
Jarry had like 3 GA's from 19 SA somewhere in the middle of the game. Are you kidding me? He reverted back to his crappy self in the last few games, and it's not evevn debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad