Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Canes | loss | Bunch of Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Hmmm, call me crazy but I’m starting to think this team really isn’t so good…
Really average forward corps and the 3 best defensemen were all out.
When POJ is your best defenseman, your defense is terrible.

Overall an average - maybe slightly above depending on special teams and Jarry - team.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Batting in pucks with your stick doesn't count as scoring? How many real goals has Crosby actually scored over his career?
Crosby does it on purpose

Anderson and Rakell were wildly swinging sticks at a puck that should have been iced if the goalie wasn't insane

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
845a9088-f956-4289-b75b-3a1c52774a91_text.gif

How dare you correct me, sir.
If it makes you feel better, I mistakenly relied on the due diligence of the Kraken TV crew to my detriment. They were wrong, the 5 goals in 3:41 were the 15th. fastest, not the fastest. Maybe they were punch drunk, in any case they f***ed up my numbers.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really average forward corps and the 3 best defensemen were all out.
When POJ is your best defenseman, your defense is terrible.

Overall an average - maybe slightly above depending on special teams and Jarry - team.

The fact it was this close of a game given our effort makes me think there is still some blood left to squeeze out of this stone.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Sully and co will say they played well.
Of course we did. We just didn't get to our game.

he is super weak behind our goal, good beetween lines, and really bad on PP
Yea, this was Ty Smith's worst game as a Pen by far. Dude looks so weak out there. Maybe he can be great on our 3rd pairing when we are healthy but Ty going up against CAR's top-6 out there was.... Yeesh

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
+Zucker
+Malkin
+Rakell

-GCR SUCKS
-The PP has cost us probably 10 points at this point
-Absolutely no offensive help from the D
-Bottom 6 is just flipping pucks to nobody or McGinn/DOC will skate the puck in with no help because they are changing and will lose possession

This could be a decent team with competent coaching and a healthy D. Unfortunately the former seems very unlikely.

FIX THE POWERPLAY

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Of course we did. We just didn't get to our game.

Yea, this was Ty Smith's worst game as a Pen by far. Dude looks so weak out there. Maybe he can be great on our 3rd pairing when we are healthy but Ty going up against CAR's top-6 out there was.... Yeesh
It wasn’t good, but just like being asked to be key on the PP just isn’t what he can do at this point, eating top minutes with Dumo against strong opposition isn’t either.

Ultimately, we lost against a very good team, and we were very close to taking it to OT despite being on a back to back, missing our three biggest minutes D-men, our starting goalie, and a couple of guys who at least make us a little harder to play.
Granted, we should have been down by too much for that to be possible (keeping it close) after two. But it was way worse against Winnipeg.

I dont think we have it in us to make a run, but I still think we get in when we are healthy.
Frustrating that there is no (discernable) attempts at influencing the game from the bench, ever, though.
Impossible not to wonder what we might be like with a fresh approach/new message. No guarantees there, but it is guaranteed that this team is not good enough to go deep stick-to-it-tively.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I dont think we have it in us to make a run, but I still think we get in when we are healthy.
Me neither, thanks to Hextall. He doesn't have the balls to actually make a move.

Long gone are the days of Shero+Rutherford moves that kept this team focused on the prize.

The push for Hossa at the trade deadline. The Therrien coach switchup, the moves for Kunitz and Guerin. The push for Iginla+Morrow. The Hornqvist trade. The Bonino trade. The Hagelin and Daley trades. Schultz. Kessel. Even the failed trades, like Perron, Marleau, Brassard, Lapierre etc. This was an org that actually gave a f***.

Anyone else just know in the bottom of their heart there are no moves like this coming this year? Just sleepy, uninspired bulls***.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I am pleased I didn't watch the game. Not so pleased that the Pens weren't embarrassed but still lost. Worst case scenario. Sully's remarks about the power play made me laugh. Net front presence and simplify our game, buddy? You are the genius who thinks Jake is good enough (or rather big enough for that) for that. And that Geno's one-timer is too obvious or something, so it's best to be used as rarely as possible to keep the opponents guessing or something. And if the players somehow decided to do that against your wishes (which I doubt but who the hell knows any more), you could, I don't know, try coaching and remove them from the unit if they don't listen.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Why has Bryan Rust decided to model his game on Brandon Sutter?

Rust needs to go.

He forgot why he got paid.

But he's a SullyGuy. So.

Dk said this on a podcast I want say maybe a month ago but the Wilkes Barre staff make new players coming in watch film on Bryan Rust, to develop their games after him.

Which makes sense as to why they are force feeding Rust to the top line because he's apparently "the ultimate penguin"

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Another dip in Crosby’s production after being put with Rust. I cannot comprehend what’s going through the coaching staffs head when they continue to see that line fail and keep reverting to it.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Dk said this on a podcast I want say maybe a month ago but the Wilkes Barre staff make new players coming in watch film on Bryan Rust, to develop their games after him.

Which makes sense as to why they are force feeding Rust to the top line because he's apparently "the ultimate penguin"
For real? Like this is not a joke? If it is not (and I'm not doubting you, more doubting DK) but that is frankly insane. :laugh:

Reactions: ncm7772

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
For real? Like this is not a joke? If it is not (and I'm not doubting you, more doubting DK) but that is frankly insane. :laugh:

@Andy99 is the only other one I know that listens to DKs podcast if he remembers that quote.

I thought it was odd but didn't think much of it at the time, but my mind is clear now.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

FSG needs to clean house. The organization is lost.

Reactions: Night Shift

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Rust stopped really giving it his all a couple years ago, which wasn't that big of a deal because he was like a near-PPG player. Now he floats *and* he's settled back down to being like a ~50pt guy. Very cool--glad he's locked up until the heat death of the universe with a NTC, and the team's got a coach that can't help but sabotage his top line by misusing Rust.

Should've moved his ass at the deadline last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA