Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Canes | loss | Bunch of Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m beginning to think this Rust on L1 business is a low-key tankjob to try and snag a top 5 pick in June. That’s the only thing that makes any sense.
Or maybe it’s what Sid wants regardless, so the coach will placate him…lol

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
That was less painful than expected, which is actually more painful than expected. I hate saying it, but they need a series of blowouts, not keeping it ~close~ in games they have no business hanging around in.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Pens also started the season 4-0-1, so between that and the 14-2-2 stretch, it is 18-2-3. Easy math tells you it is 3-13-3 otherwise.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

Pens also started the season 4-0-1, so between that and the 14-2-2 stretch, it is 18-2-3. Easy math tells you it is 3-13-3 otherwise.

Pens had a 7 game and 6 game losing streak. This isn't news

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Just a reminder the Pens were one of the teams to pass on Eeli Tolvanen on waivers. 5 goals, 8 pts and counting in 8.5 games for Seattle. Makes $400k more than Heinen.
How would he do on the pens rotating between four minutes on l4 and healthy scratch?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That was less painful than expected, which is actually more painful than expected. I hate saying it, but they need a series of blowouts, not keeping it ~close~ in games they have no business hanging around in.

yeah this is what is frustrating. this roster is good enough to look competent against the better teams in the league when they play only 20-30 minutes of a game.

with a different coach and some accountability, I wonder what they do.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
This game literally exposed both teams. Pens because they are flat out bad and Canes for lack of killer instinct and goaltending.

Edit. Rust can't complete basic pass anymore. Shocking to see

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Lots of issues that are beyond the injuries. Just keep trying to have cheap low talent players play larger roles like Ruhwedel, Friedman, Heinen, Archibald, that just are not NHL caliber players. Playing guys like McGinn, Kap who just have occasional goods plays but just disappear far to much. To small, no bang and teams know they can take out players with physical play. UP to this point a couple smart moves is the hope. But I think now this is simply a roster that is not good enough when healthy playing these players hoping for them to contribute. No major shake up is in the cards but Pens miss or get drummed out of the first round, Major moves that can be made must be made.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
he is super weak behind our goal, good beetween lines, and really bad on PP

I’m not really sure Smith is the solution on the Powerplay but considering he did it in Jersey there is no reason he can’t do it here.

Expecting a 22 year old to carry your Powerplay with how bad it looks especially when your stars are directly looking him off.. well..

Reactions: Hell Yeah!!!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens shouldn’t make the playoffs…much better for them if they don’t and at least we’d get a chance at a top five player…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad