Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Bruins | Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Boston is bigger and more physical. So are the Isles and almost every other team in the league. Why people can't put 2 + 2 together, and figure out that in a physical sport smaller, weaker players get hurt more is simply beyond me. When you have a defense soft as butter, expect your goalie to get ran. We've seen this happen the last 4 playoffs, and guess what, it's going to happen again in a few weeks

We were going to see it in 15-16 and 16-17 according to you.

Boston has been getting less physical and smaller every year since Horton and Lucic left.

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Glad I took off after we went down 2-0 immediately, tbh. :laugh:

Nice to see CDS sorta stabilized after that ugly start. Small victories, I guess.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To be honest, as much as I'm kind of fed up with Sullivan and some of his lineup decisions, I can't be too mad at him considering the collection of forwards we have and group of defensemen we have.

Can he do things differently to maximize the roster available to him? I think he can. But at the same time I look down our lineup and see maybe 4 guys with actual skill (with Malkin out) with the rest of the roster full of vanilla, middle six replaceable pieces, and a defense corps with basically the entire D-corps minus Letang being #4/5 guys on other contenders, and I remember how utterly vanilla this roster is.
His usage is why we have a collection of weird shit on D. Never wanted to get POJ any ice time and now it's too late.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Every player that was internal developed played for Sullivan in WBS.

Every young player that had an effect on this team was coached by Sullivan in WBS in the back to back outside of Guentzel.
24 games.

That's how long he was in Wbs as a coach.

I'm going to block you after I check if you have any GDT'S so I can time this for my own sanity.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
stats courtesy of another poster…

“Penguins currently have the worst record of any playoff team over last 10 games at 3-6-1. LA is the only other playoff team without at least a .500 record over their last 10 games, at 4-5-1. Boston is 5-5-0. Everyone else is above .500 in their last 10.

Penguins have played 5 of their final 10 games to close out the season. In those 5 games:
--The team has gone 2-2-1, and one of those wins required OT.
--They are 12th in GF and 12th in GA over these 5 games.
--Their PP is 26th at 7.1% and PK is 15th at 88.9%
--They are 13th in shots for per game at 32.2
--They have allowed 37 shots per game, 5th highest overall, and highest of any playoff team (ANA, NYI, SJ, and DET are worse)
--They lost both games (WSH & BOS) the teams they needed to beat the most due to current playoff standings.”
Don't worry. When Sullivan shits the bed again, Mario And Burkle will make sure Sully has more time.

Olde Boy's Club 40oz of shit.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
How they decided to remain status quo after how this teams endings have trended the past 3 seasons is inconceivable.

We already know how this season ends, we just have to wait several weeks for it all to play out.

Fire everybody

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
How they decided to remain status quo after how this teams endings have trended the past 3 seasons is inconceivable.

We already know how this season ends, we just have to wait several weeks for it all to play out.

Fire everybody

Probably because of the once in a lifetime circumstances that occurred during three of the last seasons outside of 18-19.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And that had nothing to do with the current trend.

We won back to back. Went as far as any team that has won back to back since the Islanders dynasty and then got swept.

It would be idiotic to realize why Rutherford and Sullivan got a pass. Especially when you look at the fact those two probably made Lemieux and Burkle an additional 200 million in the sell of the Pens with the post season success they brought here.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We won back to back. Went as far as any team that has won back to back since the Islanders dynasty and then got swept.

It would be idiotic to realize why Rutherford and Sullivan got a pass. Especially when you look at the fact those two probably made Lemieux and Burkle an additional 200 million in the sell of the Pens with the post season success they brought here.

Ok............none of that has anything to do with the point that I made.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I fully expect the worse based on how we've been playing but until the playoffs start there's no telling what Pens team shows up.

That's really the only hope to cling to right now as a Pens fan because they're giving us nothing else. But when the puck drops for game 1, that's a complete reset on the season. They could lose every remaining game and it wouldn't matter a bit if they right the ship in round 1.

So...yeah.

Probably not happening based on what we're seeing though

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
He only coached 24 games in WBS? Wow, I never looked. So the whole myth about how he developed everyone down there and brought his culture to Pitt was bullshit.

Reactions: Pens x

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
By the way, with Washington winning today (looks like they will), they will once again control their destiny over us. If they win their two games in hand, they'd be one point up on us.

Reactions: Andy99

reino

Jul 20, 2019
By the way, with Washington winning today (looks like they will), they will once again control their destiny over us. If they win their two games in hand, they'd be one point up on us.
Capitals has much tougher schedule from here on out

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Capitals has much tougher schedule from here on out

It’s kind of fun going into the playoffs with 0 expectation.

I know it’s hard for some of the spoiled brats around here to realize it, but playoffs aren’t really a lock for any other team and beyond that even if you make the playoffs you are rarely a “favorite” every year like we have been since pretty much 07-08.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Yes because Boeser has 4 goals in his last 20 games and can't stay healthy. He would fit right in here.

Most likely would be a revisit of Kapanen
Pens could let Boeser walk to UFA by not qualifying him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: