Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Bruins | Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean sure but its pretty obvious its a coaching issue too. Like you watched the game today. the only adjustment was sully going back to GCR with 5min left.

I’m not really sure what other coaching options there are to make with Carter and Boyle in the line up and Malkin out.

At some point Kapanen, Carter, or Zucker has to do something at their cap hits. Heck even Rust. Funny how he suddenly doesn’t produce off Sid’s line lol

Reactions: TheSniper26

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I’m not really sure what other coaching options there are to make with Carter and Boyle in the line up and Malkin out.

At some point Kapanen, Carter, or Zucker has to do something at their cap hits. Heck even Rust. Funny how he suddenly doesn’t
produce off Sid’s line lol
There are tons of options Sullivan has never tried.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

First off Boyle isnt really an issue

But

Heinen - TB - Rust
Zucker - Erod - Kap (McGinn)
Boyle - Carter - McGinn (Kap)

Carter gets limited minutes and the Erod line was decent earlier in the season. Like thats not every a crazy suggestion.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

At some point Kapanen, Carter, or Zucker has to do something at their cap hits. Heck even Rust. Funny how he suddenly doesn’t
produce off Sid’s line lol
Kapanen had a good game and then was played 5:36 in the next.

I am not sure what these blokes have to do to get ice time. Playing well doesn't cut it. Meanwhile Rodrigues had 8pts in 46 games with top powerplay time and somehow that was ok.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
First off Boyle isnt really an issue

But

Heinen - TB - Rust
Zucker - Erod - Kap (McGinn)
Boyle - Carter - McGinn (Kap)

Carter gets limited minutes and the Erod line was decent earlier in the season. Like thats not every a crazy suggestion.

Cool. So nobody still scores but Heinen.

The issue is someone needs to score in our bottom six. They are just all taking up space. There is no adjustment to be made in game.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Cool. So nobody still scores but Heinen.

The issue is someone needs to score in our bottom six. They are just all taking up space. There is no adjustment to be made in game.

What are you talking about. Like your just assuming it wont work? You asked for lines I gave you a combo that worked early on and a better second line.

Ya but its better to let the lines just get caved in

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine being Kapanen, who helped Heinen get on this hot streak and he's getting f***ed over somehow. Instead of keeping Heinen and Kapanen together to reward both, one gets royally f***ed.

Sullivan is such a shit motivator. I am 100% sure Tocchet was the magic on that bench for two cups. Not that he did most of the work. But he did the work that made Sullys warts less visible.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Imagine being Kapanen. Who helped Heinen get on this hot streak and he's getting f***ed over.

Sullivan is such a shit motivator. I am 100% sure Tocchet was the magic on that bench for two cups. Not that he did most of the work. But he did the work that made Sullys warts less visible.

Yeah Tocchet’s magic since and prior to joining Sullivan is pretty evident.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens won two cups. Had a chance for a third if Kessel isn't such a jerk off. But after that, GMJR just ran out of moves and gambling to keep the party going was costly in so many ways. So to me this nonsense of Sully and his system and winning a cup is folly. This is a team that is a playoff team due to having enough good to decent players to win enough games to get there. But after that they are not good enough in any series to win unless Jarry is lights out and they get some big time puck luck. They can't score when the turkey is on the table. But they will give any team tough sledding. Tocchet was a bad coach in Arizona and he is on TV for a reason.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Only one line got caved in today.

Ya the 2nd line.

And when you only play your 4th line 5min. Then you 2nd line plays a third of the game.

Why not try to spark guys? Erod should be playing center with Malkin out. He is much better at center

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Goalie gets run over 3 times by the Isles and is out weeks. Sully's absolute refusal to have anyone with any size or physicality on this team is an embarrassment. This clown needed fired years ago

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tocchet is a shit coach and did jack shit here.

Tocchet has one of the worst winning percentages as a coach in the NHL the last 20 years.

Kapanen has sucked since January.
Again you just don't get anything that I said. Not shocked.

Tocchet as an assistant is fine. As a head coach he might lack a ton but as an assistant that has a more specialized role, he works. He was the one that took Stamkos aside and got him in touch With Roberts to get in better shape and Stamkos has stated that help as well.

He's coached 2 teams that were awful and their gms didn't do much to help. I'm not advocating Tocchet as the head coach. But that Sullivan got so much credit for the 2 cups but the last 5 seasons are apparently not his fault at all. Just others f***ing up his brilliance.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I guess. I don’t really subscribe to Reirden being a good assistant. Our Powerplay has been in shambles for most of the last two years and every defenseman but Letang and Matheson have gotten worse.
Our powerplay was near the top of the league until the end of February or so. Things started to go back to the same bullshit we saw before Reirden since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad