Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Bruins | Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Have you ever listened to Crosby and Letang? There is a reason they are as good as they are and it’s because of their competitive nature.
What does this have to do with the coach asserting control over the team and doing what's best? Who the f*** cares what Letang and Crosby want?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Overall a return to structure that people yearned for.
A good goaltending performance which people were concerned about moving forward.

Just no creativity/execution on offense unfortunately.
not sure what you saw there to make this kind of conclusion...just two days ago we were total mess giving up chances left and right, against Bruins who could not be meh team...you think there was something about structure...

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Humor me, what do we do better with him?
The power play is better with him.
Good luck with that.
I mean, if the coach can't do what's best for the team because player egos get in his way then we need a new coach. As it is I put it down to his stubbornness more than anything else. He wouldn't rest Jarry either and I doubt Jarry is busting his door down demanding to play every game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The power play is better with him.

I mean, if the coach can't do what's best for the team because player egos get in his way then we need a new coach. As it is I put it down to his stubbornness more than anything else. He wouldn't rest Jarry either and I doubt Jarry is busting his door down demanding to play every game.

Not really sure why playing Letang less tonight is “best for the team”.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yikes….The Penguins are 29-1-2 when LEADING going into the 3rd period, 5-18-3 when TRAILING going into the 3rd, and 9-3-6 when TIED going into the 3rd…so basically if we don’t take a lead, we’re toast…not a sign of a really good team

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Humor me, what do we do better with him?

Power play is much better without him. Its night and day. 6 on 5 we better too.
Name one other player on the team who is a threat from a snapshot up top?

Sullivan would play four lines instead of 3. So we dont roll four lines without him.

Rust was invisible with Carter.

Like the team is much better with Malkin. It isnt even questionable

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yikes….The Penguins are 29-1-2 when LEADING going into the 3rd period, 5-18-3 when TRAILING going into the 3rd, and 9-3-6 when TIED going into the 3rd…so basically if we don’t take a lead, we’re toast…not a sign of a really good team

I mean its pretty obvious based on a coach who doesnt adjust. When the game plan is working you win. When it isnt you lose.

Teams that come from behind make changes like sully used too

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Power play is much better without him. Its night and day. 6 on 5 we better too.
Name one other player on the team who is a threat from a snapshot up top?

Sullivan would play four lines instead of 3. So we dont roll four lines without him.

Rust was invisible with Carter.

Like the team is much better with Malkin. It isnt even questionable
There's not a single slapshot on this team worth thinking about now beyond Malkin's. I feel like that's a problem especially on the PP.

Reactions: Darren McCord

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
not sure what you saw there to make this kind of conclusion...just two days ago we were total mess giving up chances left and right, against Bruins who could not be meh team...you think there was something about structure...
1650140363853.png

6 high danger chances against total. That's possibly a season best. That for me is structured defensive hockey.

I don't really agree about the Islanders game either. I thought it was a good step forward.
10 high danger chances against, which is well within the norm. We had 14.
We won a lot of games earlier in the year with similar breakdowns.

I think the defense is trending the right way. Goaltending too.
The high danger chance conversion at ES and the PP is what concerns me most...well, apart from our starter being unavailable for playoffs lol.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Shades of Mike Johnstons team.

Reactions: Andy99

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
We have 5 days off.
Oh my God, round and round we go. There's no reason to do this, we should be taking every opportunity to rest our top guys. We are well past the point where the little things didn't matter. This team needs every advantage we can get.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When the Caps beat the Habs today, they’ll be back to being 3 points behind the Pens with 2 games in hand…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad