Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Bruins: Frustrating loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I have the distinct feeling that this point streak to bring us back from the dead will have FSG and Dubas believing Sullivan is Christ the messiah come back to earth. He will probably still be coaching this team to play “the right way” after we’re all long dead.
Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but this "point streak" has/had no impact on Sullivan coaching next year and beyond.

Dubas and FSG feel they have their guy and "point streak" or not, Sullivan was undoubtedly returning.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Playoffs or not. This is a HUGE offseason for Dubas.
If he fires the coach i will love Dubas again. Also trading TJ would be amazing...he can play in Utah for all I care I'd give majority of this team a 2nd chance before I blow it up, but I would also keep the picks.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
To be fair to Ned, how many goalies play 11 straight games these days? Not even Shesterkin does.
Spot on - it's extremely rare, and if it does happen, it's a sign that a team has lost faith in the other goalie. Which begs the question - what to do with Jarry? Throughout the season, I didn't really buy into the argument about his 2nd half collapses, but I've changed my mind on that. Granted, any goalie here is handicapped in part by three of the absolutely worst defensive defenseman you can find, but he's given no reason to believe over the years that the Pens can ride him for a critical stretch or an extended playoff run. So what do you do with him?

Reactions: Andy99

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
If he fires the coach i will love Dubas again. Also trading TJ would be amazing...he can play in Utah for all I care I'd give majority of this team a 2nd chance before I blow it up, but I would also keep the picks.
If Dubas fired Sullivan, I don't care if he immediately signed Jack MF Johnson at 5x5M, I just don't want to see Sullivan behind the bench again.

Reactions: Andy99

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Don't know if anyone had him with a 33-point season. He hasn't even played the whole year with Crosby or Malkin.
I definitely expected similar production from DOC. The thing is, his overall game is even better than this production. Next year he should be a staple in the TOP6 imo. And he can easily have 50 points. He´s only gonna get better. DOC and Bunting are setting us well for next season. We just have to get rid of Smith, Carter and Graves and use that capspace effectively. This team can still have a solid next season, if the proper work is done.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Seems like he's ready to come up, not much else to be learned down there. God, Sullivan is going to destroy this kid.
I'd give him one more year in Juniors. TBH I'm hoping the core is just about done by then, keep in mind they're the ones responsible for wanting Sullivan to stay.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Interesting. Didn't know if there was any substance to the "he doesn't want to be here" line. It sounds like there isn't.

That aside, the guy scored 6 goals in his first 10 games here...and 6 goals since. He's also been invisible out there. I actually think a rotation of kids from WBS would have been better than Smith on the big Club this season.
When the Vegas team visited the white house during the season, the pens allowed Smith to go and celebrate with his former teammates and it seemed his game went to crap when he returned to the pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad