Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Blues

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

Average TOI this season:
Sidney Crosby 19:52
Evgeni Malkin 19:15

Also Malkin's been better than Crosby against top competition long time now

Again not factual but what does that matter especially on here.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
So the no-brainer Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist line actually worked? Gee, who knew!

Did it?

They still had 0 points out there. Just like Kunitz on line 2.

I hope JR sees this and gives us some kind of fix:

Tlusty-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau

would be an (easily acquired) improvement over what we have now.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Did it?

Tlusty-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau

They played a lot better than KCP though.

Perron, Crosby and Hornqvist all had points outside of their line though. Don't believe Kunitz did.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Did it?

Tlusty-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau

Yes it worked. They played great. They were fantastic together, despite the lack of ES production. That was the best either Sid or Horny has looked since, well, the last time they were together.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
They played a lot better than KCP though.

Perron, Crosby and Hornqvist all had points outside of their line though. Don't believe Kunitz did.

Agreed. And yes they are playing solid individually, but Kunitz is not. Meaning the other guys can all be pieces of the top 6 puzzle, but Kunitz shouldn't be.

Yes it worked. They played great. They were fantastic together, despite the lack of ES production. That was the best either Sid or Horny has looked since, well, the last time they were together.

Seems like you and I have different definitions of "fantastic".

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Did it?

Tlusty-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau

Tlusty is not very good and has never produced like a top 6 forward over a full season.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Seems like you and I have different definitions of "fantastic".

I have absolutely no clue how you could watch that game and think otherwise. That was the best Sid or Horny have played since October. Maybe you only saw the last 5 minutes? The whole team went flat at the end.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Best game since the first month of the season. Hopefully they can play that way against the Panthers.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I will never full understand the Tlusty love.

He'd be a solid addition. Not great, but he'd be good here. If you can't land the home run winger addition, he could likely be had at a reasonable cost and still make us a better team.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Biggest minus of the night goes to the St. Louis Blues Fans.

I don't care where you're from in the United States or what team you cheer for, you DO NOT CHANGE THE LYRICS TO THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER! It's absolutely insulting to anyone that has fought for this country. That anthem is for our nation, not for your ****ing sports team! Ridiculous that ANYONE would think that is acceptable.

I hate admitting this because it is Philly, but I love their tradition with God Bless America and Kate Smith. That song gets to me more than our anthem does.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Name a better winger who could be had for cheaper right now?

(Jagr doesn't count)

To be really honest with you, if I had to rank the needs we have right now, it would be bottom 6 help, mainly a 3rd line center who can produce offense, and a physical defenseman.

Hornqvist, Perron, Comeau, and Kunitz (I guess you could sort of add Bennett in there) is actually one of the best winger corps we have had. Being able to take some pressure off of them with a better 3rd line is key, and we have to find a strong shutdown defenseman who brings a physical element.

I am not a huge fan of him, even dating back to him getting drafted by Toronto.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
To be really honest with you, if I had to rank the needs we have right now, it would be bottom 6 help, mainly a 3rd line center who can produce offense, and a physical defenseman.

Hornqvist, Perron, Comeau, and Kunitz (I guess you could sort of add Bennett in there) is actually one of the best winger corps we have had. Being able to take some pressure off of them with a better 3rd line is key, and we have to find a strong shutdown defenseman who brings a physical element.

I am not a huge fan of him, even dating back to him getting drafted by Toronto.

I would gladly take Tlusty over Kunitz at this stage of their careers. Or play him on the third line.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
like watching a different crosby, totally boned on that goal though no way that puck wasn't in

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So close to the best lineup.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Comeau/Kunitz - Malkin - Bennett
Kunitz/Comeau - Sutter - Downie
Spaling - Lapierre - Adams

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Any lineup that includes Adams is not the 'best' lineup ;)

Adams isn't getting scratched unless we add a forward at the deadline and even then Bennett/Downie could easily get scratched before him unfortunately.

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kunitz - Malkin - Comeau
Winnik - Sutter - Bennett
Spaling - Lapierre - Downie
Adams

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The top 2 lines were really the difference last night. Both had significant O-zone time. 2 ES goals from them and a PP goal. Bottom 6 was brutal though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad