Post-Game Talk: Pens vs. Blues

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Just a solid win - contributions from all around the lineup and Greiss made some very nice saves.

penguins2946*

Most played well tonight. You really can't complain about much. Except Scuderi, he was awful.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Be honest, who knew that the NHL had an outdoor game tonight? That event is becoming a banal thing :)

HA! Not me. That speaks volumes.

Glad to see them win against a good team. Glad the new line combinations are paying dividends, in this game. I'll leave it at that.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
+All around solid game aside from the last few minutes. Effort level was tremendous.

-People looking for things to whine about because apparently 1 good game means JR will forget that this team has problems. If 1 game like this after 2 solid months of **** play convinces JR that no changes need to be made then JR isn't a good enough gm to fix the problems anyway. It would be great to read a gdt for a game where they are playing like they did tonight without all of the, "hope you all enjoyed this, cause it means we are doomed" nonsense.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
there is no hope for this team unless they fundamentally change the roster and dynamic of this team/lockerroom/organization.

Here's what gives me hope:

Perron-Sid-Hornqvist

If the Pens can find a similar mix for Geno (and Kunitz + Comeau ain't it . . . Comeau maybe, if the other wing is impact) AND address the mix in the bottom six and the defense (not the talent, just the mix), then I'll have hope.

I have faith in Sid and Geno if this team were built around them and to empower them (with their linemates, with protection, etc).

THAT is what made tonight encouraging.

Honestly, tonight makes moving Kunitz and Sutter and taking the money for a winger for Geno and to improve the bottom six and defensive mixes that much more obvious.

****, it's not like you can't slide Sid or Geno onto the bottom six to bolster whatever it is you think you lose.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I thought Scuderi was dreadful.

Sid was excellent and deserved more points.

Comeau scored twice.

Letang was also very good.

I like Crosby with Perron and Hornqvist and Malkin with Comeau and Kunitz. There was chemistry for the first time in many games.

Lapierre did some nice things, but the fourth line literally did nothing in the offensive zone. They basically skated the puck down the ice and gave it to the Blues.

Greiss made some big saves.

Some positives for the power play tonight.

Martin made some nice defensive plays and was solid.

Good game overall. Some disgusting turnovers in the third though..

EDIT: I give Beau an even. Wasn't bad, but I don't really remember him doing a whole lot.

Zags91

Apr 19, 2007
Can't complain too much in this game. Every line was effective. They did take their foot off the gas late in the third though. I was getting a little anxious in the last 2 minutes. Having another collapse like the recent Ottawa game would have been horrible.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Very tame game. It didn't seem like the Blues were nearly as physical as they usually seem to be. Maybe because they played last night.

Pens were solid though with the exception of their usual mailing it in they do in the 3rd, especially when Greiss is in net.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+All around solid game aside from the last few minutes. Effort level was tremendous.

-People looking for things to whine about because apparently 1 good game means JR will forget that this team has problems. If 1 game like this after 2 solid months of **** play convinces JR that no changes need to be made then JR isn't a good enough gm to fix the problems anyway. It would be great to read a gdt for a game where they are playing like they did tonight without all of the, "hope you all enjoyed this, cause it means we are doomed" nonsense.

I'm not whining. Actually, I'm hopeful. I hope JR embraces what he sees tonight as validation to move Kunitz and Sutter.

EDIT: Before I forget, PP with Geno at the point moving all over the place . . . ******* awesome. PP with Letang at point, Geno still on left, and Sid cemented to right circle . . . blows chunks.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm not whining. Actually, I'm hopeful. I hope JR embraces what he sees tonight as validation to move Kunitz and Sutter.

EDIT: Before I forget, PP with Geno at the point moving all over the place . . . ******* awesome. PP with Letang at point, Geno still on left, and Sid cemented to right circle . . . blows chunks.

I know you are not whining and I wasn't referring to anything you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad