Confirmed with Link: Pens trade for Patric Marleau

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll start a war here, Primanti's isn't actually good and Pittsburghers only think it is good because Pittsburgh food is shit

I pray that they take Marleau to Primanti's and make a whole video out of it just so he says "this is okay I guess", which is the nicest thing anyone should say about primanti's.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I mean

A hotdog IS a sandwich, right?
40ebafd4cdb31c02a4169b63a2004ae4.gif

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I'll start a war here, Primanti's isn't actually good and Pittsburghers only think it is good because Pittsburgh food is shit

I pray that they take Marleau to Primanti's and make a whole video out of it just so he says "this is okay I guess", which is the nicest thing anyone should say about primanti's.
I think it's pretty good ... If you take the slaw off, that is.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Primanti's is respectable as an institution but it isn't actually good.

Fundamentally how can your thing be "fries on sandwich" and your fries are bad?

I lived in Chicago and there was a place near Wrigley Field called Lucky's. It's explicitly a Primanti's knockoff but far better because they got the fries right.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Primanti's is respectable as an institution but it isn't actually good.

Fundamentally how can your thing be "fries on sandwich" and your fries are bad?

I lived in Chicago and there was a place near Wrigley Field called Lucky's. It's explicitly a Primanti's knockoff but far better because they got the fries right.

Oh god, Lucky's. :laugh: At least you didn't say Weiner's Circle.

My favorite Chicago horrible food place was Duk's on Ashland. All the building was painted with Donald Duck, but the owner got sued by Disney so he changed the sign and then painted mustaches on the ducks.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Oh god, Lucky's. :laugh: At least you didn't say Weiner's Circle.

My favorite Chicago horrible food place was Duk's on Ashland. All the building was painted with Donald Duck, but the owner got sued by Disney so he changed the sign and then painted mustaches on the ducks.

That sounds very Chicago.

Great food scene. People have a similar stereotype about Deep Dish for Chicagoans as they do about Primanti's for Pittsburghers. Acting like I ate it everyday and stuff. It was a once-every-3-months commitment for me.

I lived in the North Center/Ravenswood area. I take it you were more on the West Side or West Loop?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
That sounds very Chicago.

Great food scene. People have a similar stereotype about Deep Dish for Chicagoans as they do about Primanti's for Pittsburghers. Acting like I ate it everyday and stuff. It was a once-every-3-months commitment for me.

I lived in the North Center/Ravenswood area. I take it you were more on the West Side or West Loop?

I was pretty much all south side for 12 years, with a stint in Ukie Village, but mostly Pilsen, Heart of Chicago, Little Village, and North Kenwood (do not recommend living north of 47th and east of State, btw).

I miss Chicago a ton. Great city, great food, great almost everything except the weather. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean it ain’t great, but it’s a sandwich with fries on it.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I was pretty much all south side for 12 years, with a stint in Ukie Village, but mostly Pilsen, Heart of Chicago, Little Village, and North Kenwood (do not recommend living north of 47th and east of State, btw).

I miss Chicago a ton. Great city, great food, great almost everything except the weather. :laugh:

To be honest I was very Caucasian and almost never found reasons to go to the South Side. I went to a White Sox game once and went to Midway a whole bunch. Chinatown a couple times.

Having said that, I went to Pilsen for Mexican food a couples and WOW. Its reputation is very well-earned. I'd recommend getting Mexican food in Pilsen for any Chicago visitor.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
To be honest I was very Caucasian and almost never found reasons to go to the South Side. I went to a White Sox game once and went to Midway a whole bunch. Chinatown a couple times.

Having said that, I went to Pilsen for Mexican food a couples and WOW. Its reputation is very well-earned. I'd recommend getting Mexican food in Pilsen for any Chicago visitor.

I never had any trouble and I'm lily white too. People thought Pilsen was way scarier (2005-2010) than it really was. North Kenwood, on the other hand, was a demilitarized war zone. Still didn't have any trouble, but I saw someone get a screwdriver through the neck two doors down once. They lived.

As far as Mexican food goes, I'm still mourning Neuvo Leon which was the BEST. That place fed me through grad school. :laugh: El Milagro too.

Incidentally, Dusek's in Pilsen is a really good Czech-fusion restaurant that's in the heart of Pilsen, which tickles my heart a bit.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I never had any trouble and I'm lily white too. People thought Pilsen was way scarier (2005-2010) than it really was. North Kenwood, on the other hand, was a demilitarized war zone. Still didn't have any trouble, but I saw someone get a screwdriver through the neck two doors down once. They lived.

As far as Mexican food goes, I'm still mourning Neuvo Leon which was the BEST. That place fed me through grad school. :laugh: El Milagro too.

I wasn't like "oooohhhhh I'll avoid it." It was more just that going to the South Side never really entered my consciousness. Unless I fell asleep on the Red Line. I didn't have friends there or anything.

Taqueria Sabor e Sazon is the best Mexican restaurant in Pilsen now. Just my $.02.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I refuse to believe any Midwest or East city can actually claim to have "good" Mexican food.

California taquerias are so damn good.

I even say that at least Texas is bad at it.

AZ and NM I haven't tried.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad