Confirmed with Link: Pens trade for Patric Marleau

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Cumin is more of a border ingredient, mostly found in tex mex.

Tomatillos are great and valsa verde is my personal favourite due to the tartness of it. Its pretty easy to find up here in Toronto, either as an import or grown locally, but the taste is never as good. My partner and I make different sauces weekly as we use it with everything. In terms of cheaper, canned works as well when its not in season. It can produce pretty good results by draining it, adding cilantro, jalepenos(or green chilies), onion and salt. Roasting the peppers first until the skin is charred and then skinning it really bumps up the quality. By the end of the week, we tend to water down the salsa and make chilaquilles for breakfest on the weekend. Fried eggs, with sour cream, onions, cilantro and cheese on top of a bed of tortillas(chips are fine) smothered in salsa.

Okay so I'll be at your house by this weekend. You got a couch I can sleep on?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Cumin is more of a border ingredient, mostly found in tex mex.

Tomatillos are great and valsa verde is my personal favourite due to the tartness of it. Its pretty easy to find up here in Toronto, either as an import or grown locally, but the taste is never as good. My partner and I make different sauces weekly as we use it with everything. In terms of cheaper, canned works as well when its not in season. It can produce pretty good results by draining it, adding cilantro, jalepenos(or green chilies), onion and salt. Roasting the peppers first until the skin is charred and then skinning it really bumps up the quality. By the end of the week, we tend to water down the salsa and make chilaquilles for breakfest on the weekend. Fried eggs, with sour cream, onions, cilantro and cheese on top of a bed of tortillas(chips are fine) smothered in salsa.

Cook for me, please.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is Marleau opening a Mexican restaurant or something? (It’s my first time in this thread, and I’m super confused.)

If only, Pittsburgh needs more good Mexican places.

I think basically we just got distracted from hockey by food. It happens a lot.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I was gifted a tortilla press for Christmas. Made flour and corn tortillas once, each. My flour recipe needed more fat in it. The corn ones turned out near perfect.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Idk what happened to this thread, but I'm all for it.

I think it's pretty good ... If you take the slaw off, that is.

The first time I had Primanti's was with my cousin at a southside bar location. I hated coleslaw at the time, because the only kind I had known was the mayo ridden mess they serve with fish fry's here. I told my cousin I was going to order it without coleslaw, and he begged me not to for 2 reasons. 1 the wait would be quicker if we ordered from the bar, and 2 the sandwich would be better with it, just try it. So we get to the bar and I asked for mine without coleslaw. The bartender looked at me like she wished I were dead and told us to go wait in the huge line.

I ended up getting the sandwich with coleslaw anyway, and loved it. Now I like coleslaw.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I was gifted a tortilla press for Christmas. Made flour and corn tortillas once, each. My flour recipe needed more fat in it. The corn ones turned out near perfect.
By fat you mean lard right? That Crisco shortening stuff sold in supermarkets isn't quite up to snuff, but will do if you don't have any lard.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
By fat you mean lard right? That Crisco shortening stuff sold in supermarkets isn't quite up to snuff, but will do if you don't have any lard.

You can order Marlon Brando’s liposuction online

6a90c90b-9ee7-4421-853a-ff5cf7c85fcb_screenshot.jpg

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I just hear "gifted tortilla press" and my mind immediately goes to my small kitchen and how me and my wife argue over stuff like that. Things like waffle makers and juicers. How much space is it gonna take up to be used 3x/year?

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Is making the flour tortilla dough a time consuming process? I never really looked into it, but tortillas are one of my favorite foods. They are pretty cheap pre-made though and I am lazy.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Is making the flour tortilla dough a time consuming process? I never really looked into it, but tortillas are one of my favorite foods. They are pretty cheap pre-made though and I am lazy.

I don't have my recipe on me, but I think it only took 10 minutes of mixing and 30 of resting. Then you need to press and grill/fry them. I don't mind all these steps so it was worth it to me.

Reactions: dogthateats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad